General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

What does this mean please?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 16 Jan 2005 12:14

I keep getting something popping up on my computer that says - Server Busy. This action cannot be completed because the other program is busy. Click the appropriate button on the task bar to activate the busy program and correct the problem. Jeanette x

Sidami

Sidami Report 16 Jan 2005 15:02

Can someone please help Jeanette. Sue

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 16 Jan 2005 15:11

Hi Sue Thanks for your concern. Have been in touch with Strump but we had no luck. I'll give my computer bloke a call tomorrow. Jeanette x

Val

Val Report 16 Jan 2005 15:25

You have to ignore it. It is a pop up so don't worry about it

Val

Val Report 16 Jan 2005 16:13

thought I would add again nothing to worry about just pop up

Unknown

Unknown Report 16 Jan 2005 18:42

server busy means there is too much traffic on the net and you have to wait - a bit like having an engaged phone line! This page cannot be found is also nothing to do with your computer - it means the server isn't up to the job. nell In fact its just done this to me as I tried to post this first time.

Ramblin Rose

Ramblin Rose Report 16 Jan 2005 18:50

I think your server is the function that you are paying for which gets you on the web.If your server is busy it means it is getting far too many requests from other users to be able to function efficiently.It is in effect over loaded. You will notice that this site gets very slow to respond to you sometimes-it is because the server for the site is not large enough to cope with the number of hits it is getting now.The interest in Fam.Research has increased so much since this site opened. Hope that helps. Rose Incidently I have just noticed that this has been edited!