General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

PLEASE MAIL GR COMPLAINING ABOUT SLOWNESS

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Heather

Heather Report 17 Jan 2005 21:18

This must be the worse ever night for slowness. It has taken me 10 minutes just to get on site and Im on the fastest broadband connection. PLEASE EVERYONE mail GR before the site crashes because it is obviously overloaded. PLEASE REMEMBER TO CLICK WHEN YOU TYPE YOUR MAIL AND THEN CLICK AGAIN TO SUBMIT.

Joy

Joy Report 17 Jan 2005 21:19

I have. Joy

Heather

Heather Report 17 Jan 2005 23:50

nnnn

Peterkinz

Peterkinz Report 18 Jan 2005 03:23

Too many of you guys using the site - it is now 4:30 pm in New Zealand (3:30 am in UK) and this site is going like a rocket!! I am switching from one board to the next in under three seconds. Peter

Pat

Pat Report 18 Jan 2005 03:53

Peter yeah at this time of night it is like a rocket, you are right but earlier so many people on the site all at once they gave up trying to go from thread to thread please read the other threads like slowww and the other one called I am getting REALLY FED UP with ok I have nudged it for our mates who are here overnight. Pat x

Ramblin Rose

Ramblin Rose Report 18 Jan 2005 09:02

See my thread Heather-I complained vociferously yesterday.It was taking ages to reply to a thread and to get back to the message list.I was really fed up. Ithink I did get quite a few people to complain.I always think it is no good mumbling amongst ourselves we have to do something like you and I -Rose

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 18 Jan 2005 09:04

Yes I have also emailed......... was a bit slow for me last night, but i couldnt even get on, this morning, until i rebooted the pc, now its seems much better...........

Joy

Joy Report 18 Jan 2005 10:31

Michelle Genes Team has posted this thread:- "Site problems Some of our members have reported problems with the speed of Genes Reunited. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. We are currently investigating the problem and working hard to remedy it as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience. (Please do not reply to us on this thread.) Best wishes, Michelle" Joy

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 18 Jan 2005 10:56

At least they have acknowledged that there is a problem. I suggest we do as Michelle asks and do not post rplies on her thread, but keep it nudged up for everyone to see. ann Glos