General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

copy @ paste

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Val

Val Report 18 Jan 2005 12:49

how do i do it on hear i havnt got a clue xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Joy

Joy Report 18 Jan 2005 12:56

Bryan asked this once ... shall try to find it ... Joy

Winter Drawers Ever Near

Winter Drawers Ever Near Report 18 Jan 2005 12:58

Hi Val, I highlight what I want to copy and then go into Edit and press "copy". I then go into a blank word document and go into Edit again and press "paste". Others may do something different. Aileen

Val

Val Report 18 Jan 2005 12:58

thanx joy tried printing it off but blank x

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 18 Jan 2005 12:59

highlight text with left side of mouse. With curser on highlighted part,right click & menu appears, click copy. open wordpad, email ect. using right side of mouse, click & menu will appear...click paste Elaine x

Val

Val Report 18 Jan 2005 13:00

that didnt work but thank you xxxxxxxxxxx

susie manterfield(high wycombe)

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 18 Jan 2005 13:01

val i always left click while running the mouse over the bit i want to copy. i then right click and press copy. i then press paste by right clicking again,when i have it where i want it i.e word doc or such like susie

susie manterfield(high wycombe)

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 18 Jan 2005 13:02

lol elaine you beat me to it susie

Val

Val Report 18 Jan 2005 13:05

the writing went blue i was asked to select so clicked on copy nothink happens boo hoo im a bit thick xxxxxxxxxx

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Report 18 Jan 2005 13:08

Val The writing should go blue at that stage, right click and then copy. You then need to go into a word document or email or whatever you are doing, you then right click again and the paste. I hope this works. Liz

Val

Val Report 18 Jan 2005 13:08

Once you have been told to copy bring up a blank page then click and paste it will work

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 18 Jan 2005 13:09

val after you have clicked copy de- hilight what you have just hilighted, then open another document such as wordpad, email or even reply on this board. Click on the "Paper" as you would to begin writing ie; leave a line flashing, thenright click....menu...then paste Elaine x

Winter Drawers Ever Near

Winter Drawers Ever Near Report 18 Jan 2005 13:11

Okay Val start again. Go to the beginning of what you want to copy. Press the left hand side of the mouse and keep your finger on it. Drag it down to the end of the text and release your finger. The text should be highlighted in blue. Go to the top of the page and press EDIT, COPY should be in bold lettering. Press it. Then minimise the screen and go to wherever you want to put the text. Press EDIT again, and press PASTE. Try that. Aileen

Val

Val Report 18 Jan 2005 13:20

done it dont no how but did thanx girls and guys happy days xxxxxxxxx

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 18 Jan 2005 19:28

Val, have bumped bryans thread!

valinkent

valinkent Report 18 Jan 2005 19:37

Must be the name Val i asked this last week ,took me ages to get it but i fianally succeded Val