General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Scottish borders

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Is it a bird? is it a plane?

Is it a bird? is it a plane? Report 18 Jan 2005 15:45

Anyone live in the Scottish Borders? Whats the weather like with you? Has it snowed? I want to be able to get up there tomorrow!

PennyDainty

PennyDainty Report 18 Jan 2005 15:51

Hi Sarah, Edinburgh isn't too far from the borders and it's been snowing here, supposed to be more tonight. Sorry but whatever we get, the borders towns usually get it worse. Christine

Is it a bird? is it a plane? Report 18 Jan 2005 15:52

Argh no!!!! I really need to get up there! I haven't seen any problems on the railways yet but the last 2 hrs of my journey are by bus from Berwick-Upon-Tweed

PennyDainty

PennyDainty Report 18 Jan 2005 15:56

Maybe make that the last 4 hrs of your journey..if it's really bad. Good luck, (is this for your interview? Good luck for that too if it is!) Christine

Is it a bird? is it a plane? Report 18 Jan 2005 15:58

Yeah its for my interview. I'm soooooo nervous! No idea how to prepare for it, other than trying to stay relaxed. At least I'm going up the day before so I *should* get to the interview on time! Thanks Christine, good luck always appreciated!

PennyDainty

PennyDainty Report 18 Jan 2005 16:01

Just be yourself, and when they see the effort you've made to get there in this lousy weather, they'll know your a good bet to employ. All the best Christine

Is it a bird? is it a plane? Report 18 Jan 2005 16:05

I hope they will be impressed by that and my ability to start ASAP (current job only requires 1 weeks notice)