General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Do you put pictures in old frames?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

PinkDiana

PinkDiana Report 18 Jan 2005 15:53

Do you put pictures in old frames leaving the original picture in there? I borrowed one from Grandma of her and grandad and when i took it to the shop to be copied there was another picture behind it... turned out to be G.Grandad who i have never seen before... Terrific find and It's a habit I have too... usually if get an uptodate one of neices and nephews it's replaces the old ones, but they get left in there! Who else does this?

Ramblin Rose

Ramblin Rose Report 18 Jan 2005 15:56

What a great find Di,I am quite envious.No I don't do it,but I do have a collection of photographs taken every year just before Christmas which show the changes in our grandson.I do hope they keep sending them-Rose

**Linda

**Linda Report 18 Jan 2005 16:15

I do Diana Love to put new pictures in and find the old ones Linda

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 18 Jan 2005 17:20

I do it but unfortunately my relatives didn't. I took one apart today of my grandmother hoping there might be one behind it but no, there wasn't. Still I did find a paper bag (see my thread how clever). Ann Glos

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust***

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust*** Report 18 Jan 2005 18:12

did have pic of mum and her two brothers when they were little her younger brother died when he was 5 i gave the pic bac to dad as he will keep it safe, in this house things disappear, or get thrown out with out my permission