General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

ok then..heres another lol

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

susie manterfield(high wycombe)

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 18 Jan 2005 19:00

my dad used to sing this to me when i was oh so young lol

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 18 Jan 2005 19:01

A mother was bathing her baby one day The poor little thing in a delicate way The mother was poor And the baby was thin 'Twas only a skeleton covered in skin The mother turned round To put the soap on the rack - K And while she was gone And before she got back - K The baby was gone And in anguish she cried "Oh, where is my baby?" The angels replied "Your baby has gone down the plughole Your baby has gone down the plug -G The poor little thing Was so skinny and thin It should have been bathed in a jug -G It's gone to be perfectly happy It won't need a bath anymore The angels have took it Away up on blue Not lost, but gone before But....gone.....before. i used to love it does anyone else remember it? susie

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 18 Jan 2005 19:06

hi jen yep,thats the tune dad sang it to aswell lol i used to love it when he sang it to me susie

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 18 Jan 2005 19:12

jen im really pleased for you my dad is as enthusiastic as me when i find things out. he even trawled the cemetary with me in the wind and rain bless him only today, he came round with an old newspaper cutting of his granddad knocking a blooming great chimney down lol susie

Andy

Andy Report 18 Jan 2005 19:18

It was the last song if you can call it that on Creams first album "Disraeli Gears", 1968 I think!

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 18 Jan 2005 19:28

oooh i love folk music especially BOB DYLAN and JOAN BIAZ jen aint we just lucky hun to have great dads eh? susie

Andy

Andy Report 18 Jan 2005 19:29

Thats the one Jen! I think Ginger Baker took lead vocals! Not as good as "Tales of Brave Ullysses" (spelling) or the only one I and many others can play "Sunshine of your love" Andy