General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

football Boots

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Debbie

Debbie Report 18 Jan 2005 19:57

Hi Everyone Just a question as I know nothing about football, on Friday my little 6 year old boy will be playing football after school. I know if I go shopping for a paire they will proberly cost a fortune, I have seen cheap ones on ebay. The question is with Football boots do you buy the size of his feet or would I buy 1 or 2 sizes bigger. I am hoping they will let him play in his trainers till I get some. Thank you Debbie

Wifey

Wifey Report 18 Jan 2005 20:09

Hi Debbie, I had the same dilemma recently, and I was advised to buy a size bigger than his shoe size. Got my son's for £15, but saw some umbro ones (I think?) in "soccer sports" for £8.50 yesterday. Happy hunting Paula

Unknown

Unknown Report 18 Jan 2005 20:12

If they wear thick socks, they need a larger boot to take account of this. nell

Debbie

Debbie Report 18 Jan 2005 20:14

Thank you very much , I can get them off ebay now then some are really cheap. It was a bit worrying biddin gon something and then they didnt fit. thanks Debbie

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust***

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust*** Report 18 Jan 2005 20:17

sports shops sell them cheep, and its a size bigger,

Debbie

Debbie Report 18 Jan 2005 20:21

Hi Julie I havnt been shopping yet how much roughly do they cost in a sports shop? thanks Debbie

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy Report 18 Jan 2005 20:37

Debbie - they all come up different depending on the make. best thing to do is find the ones you have seen on Ebay, in a shop and get him to try them - then at least you know whether they are okay and what size to get without the worry of wasting your money :O) Anne in Kent