General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Can anyone give me any suggestions please?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sue

Sue Report 18 Jan 2005 21:16

At work today I emptied the paper shredder and then filled it again!........I now have 2 black sacks full of shredded paper......It's no good for pet bedding because of the ink dyes and chemicals.........Does anyone know a use for it please?........I can't put it in the recycling bin because it's in plastic sacks.....If I emptied it out the mess would be awful!.........Sue xx

Christine2

Christine2 Report 18 Jan 2005 21:19

Hi Sue We leave our shredded paper out in the plastic sacks for the paper collector and he tips it into the lorry. Wouldn't yours do the same? Chrissie x

~~Ali~~

~~Ali~~ Report 18 Jan 2005 21:20

why not ask your local school if they would use it? good for stuffing toys or junk modeling.

Shelli4

Shelli4 Report 18 Jan 2005 21:25

Hubby takes all ours to his work they use it for packing. maybe a firm near you could make use of it???

Sue

Sue Report 18 Jan 2005 21:25

Hi Chrissie No, they would have to open the sacks to put the paper in the lorry and it would blow everywhere. We're not even supposed to put our newspapers in a carrier bag! Every household was given a blue bag to put our paper in, but once the collectors have emptied it there is nothing to hold it down and mine blew away! I acquired another one, but someone pinched it! LOL They're just the right size to fit in a shopping trolley so perhaps that's where mine has gone! Sue xx

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 19 Jan 2005 07:53

I know this sounds crazy but my cousin, who deals with all the paperwork for her husband's construction business told me that she gives her shredded paper to an undertaker. Not sure what he does with it though!

Sue

Sue Report 19 Jan 2005 08:59

Hi Daisy That's what I have done. I only work down the road from my house and I brought both sacks home, put one in my bin and one in neighbour's bin (he's away at the moment). The bin men have just been so now it's in the back of the dustcart! I would like to recycle it if I could though so I'll look into the other suggestions - not sure about the undertaker though! Thanks for all your replies. Sue xx