General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Holiday Thread

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 19 Jan 2005 12:08

Any tips on where to go, and where not to go abroad on holiday? Any good hotels/appartments you want to reccomend? Are there any you thought were just rotten.....Elaine x

Joy

Joy Report 19 Jan 2005 12:10

I just replied on the tips board and can't find the thread now!! Joy

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 19 Jan 2005 12:12

(Blush) I was looking for the thread & I realised id put it on the wrong board...doh! I deleted & re-posted it on here lol E x

Joy

Joy Report 19 Jan 2005 12:14

So shall try to remember roughly what I said. Hesitant to recommend, because others may not like what I like! Having said that, we went last autumn to the Chandris, at Dassia in Corfu, which was good; in the winter we have been to the Qawra Palace Hotel, Malta, and several hotels in Benidorm, and hotels in Sousse, Tunisia. Wish I could remember what else I said!!! Oh and we like places in Majorca too and Ibiza, and Lake Garda. In my previous lifetime, as Chris calls it before we were married, I loved Pesaro, Lignano Pineta, Terracina, in Italy. :-) Joy

Joy

Joy Report 19 Jan 2005 12:17

Oh and Puerto Pellensa I love, in Majorca. Safe, friendly, and lovely beach. Joy

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 19 Jan 2005 12:45

Ha ha Got that website in my faves already. Thinking of going to Majorca with hubby & kids who will be 10 and 6 at the time. E x

Joy

Joy Report 19 Jan 2005 12:47

Elaine - thinking again about Puerto Pellensa - when we have been there we thought how wonderful it was for people to feel so safe there with children. (We haven't been recently though, hope it's not changed.) Joy

Joy

Joy Report 19 Jan 2005 13:02

Have not been to Southend. Arthur - Minorca? Joy

SheilaSomerset

SheilaSomerset Report 19 Jan 2005 14:45

Elaine - can't recommend anywhere specific, but if you are thinking of putting hol together yourself, rather than a package, check out expedia(.)co(.)uk and easyjet and Ryanair for flights. We recently had a city break in Berlin and I reckon it cost about half the brochure price doing it this way! Takes a bit of time but well worth it. Sheila x