General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Allowing tree access?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Star

Star Report 19 Jan 2005 18:00

Sorry to put it on the general board but if i want to allow someone access to my tree do i have to preess allow so that it changes to remove so they can get access. Hope this has made sense as i have been trying to allow someone to see my tree and they cant so i wondered if i was doing something wrong. Thank you for any replies. Cherry

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 19 Jan 2005 18:03

That's right Cherry. Not very logical is it! lol

Heather

Heather Report 19 Jan 2005 18:03

That's correct Cherry, When it says Allow they can't see your tree and when it says Remove they can. Confusing isn't it? Heather

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 19 Jan 2005 18:04

Jen Ir should sya Remove if you want them to view your tree Jeanette x

Winter Drawers Ever Near

Winter Drawers Ever Near Report 19 Jan 2005 18:04

Does seem a bit back to front doesn't it.

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy Report 19 Jan 2005 18:06

Oh god :O( I queried this a while back cos I got very confused. I was told that if it shows 'Allow' - they dont have access unless you click on it?????????? Anne in Kent

Star

Star Report 19 Jan 2005 18:06

I,ve tried having allow and remove showing my end with no luck so i think i will have to complain. It would be a person that i am some how related to distantly!! Cherry