General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

sad worldxxxupdated

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust***

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust*** Report 19 Jan 2005 18:26

while at work today a young lad was brought in at lunch time by his mates, teenagers, they were down the local shops for lunch and some older boy smack this lad in the mouth, and used his mobile to film it and show off to mates, an assistant from shop next door called school and 3 members of staff came to collect him, and take him home, he was shaken up bless him. i can not believe this boy will get away with things like that, the head will probably give him a talk and lecture on bullying, if it were my lad the victim hed have a visit off police, my son goes to that school, now im worried why hes been coming home for lunch everyday, it may be nothing but it could be because of little gits like thatxxxxxxxx today at work 21st jan, i found out that the lad i wrote about recieved stitches in his lip, hes back at school, the attacker has been expelled, bout time head teacher made a stand

Red

Red Report 19 Jan 2005 18:32

It is a sad world these days. There isnt a decent punishment for these bullies. Its worse now, since people started threatening the schools by suing them.

Unknown

Unknown Report 19 Jan 2005 18:32

JulieAnne Only yesterday my 10-year-old told me he was a little late coming home because he had to use another exit from the school as the gate he usually goes through was blocked by another boy - who I shall call X. X is now 13 and was often excluded when at my son's school - he tried to set light to his desk with a cigarette lighter, he set off the fire alarm etc. He was I think expelled from his secondary school and I have seen him in school hours hanging about smoking. Yesterday he told my son he couldn't pass through the gate unless he smoked a cigarette. I told the school, who reported it to the police, and then I had to report it again. But until X is old enough to be sent to prison for pushing drugs, which I think will probably be his next career move, I don't suppose much will happen. X's mum is a single parent and looks as though she is about 12, but of course she can't be. nell

Red

Red Report 19 Jan 2005 18:35

What happened to that law, which says children from the age of 10yrs would get fined, or is that not out yet.

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust*** Report 19 Jan 2005 18:44

the police are getting tuff on gangs in last week and at weekend arrested 3 for anti social behaviour, but it wont last and they only doing that cos residents complained so long, they havent wanted to know the 14 times i reported the car thief for harrasing my daughter and assault

Sue

Sue Report 19 Jan 2005 18:49

I heard on the news today that this is the "new mugging". Apparently gangs are slapping the faces of commuters at some London railway stations and photographing themselves doing it on their mobile phones! They then send the photos to their mates and keep a tally! Have these idiots nothing better to do with their lives? Words fail me! Sue xx

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust*** Report 19 Jan 2005 19:03

this kids lip was bleedin, i tell you if it eva happens to mine id be hard pushed to keep my hands off um

Unknown

Unknown Report 19 Jan 2005 19:25

as sue has just said,its the "latest craze",in london,and there not just picking on kids,its anyone walking on their own! i dread to think what they will find next to do with video phones. bryan.

~~Ali~~

~~Ali~~ Report 19 Jan 2005 20:13

its so sad does no one have any respect for each other, how would those boys feel if it was their younger brother? may be they wouldnt care! i was bullied at school not to this extent and the people thought it was funny and they dont realise how it can affect your life. its taken me years to not worry about what others think of me. i always was brought up to respect others no matter what there choices in life are! i wish that people could just see the damage they do! there are people who care and he will look back one day and see what he has made of himself and what those losers are doing. i know its a hard time getting through school but it gets better i promise!

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust*** Report 19 Jan 2005 20:26

just asked son why he comes home now for lunch and thankfully he said , cos its cold , with the tone , what a daft question, ive told him what happened today and he knows the bully, apparently hes 'gay', which in teenage talk is 'not all that hard,' and 'who does he think he is,' gay describes most things like mum being gay cos she wont let you have football on tv AGAIN, so lets hope that bully meets his match, that sounds hypicritical but they deserve a taste of their own medicine sometimes

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust*** Report 21 Jan 2005 19:48

see update at top of page after xs