General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

theres a lovely house.........

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Bev

Bev Report 20 Jan 2005 18:19

by a lovely stream, where a lovely lass, had a lovely dream, and the dream came true, most unexpectedly with...........................can anyone remember the chorus????

**Linda

**Linda Report 20 Jan 2005 18:22

in gili gili aucenfesan casenelonbogan by the sea something like that but with better spelling lol Linda

Bev

Bev Report 20 Jan 2005 18:23

was it Gilly gilly osun feather cats a nella walking by the stream???

Bev

Bev Report 20 Jan 2005 18:23

she was out one day

Nina

Nina Report 20 Jan 2005 18:24

a gilly gilly osenpepper castanella nova by the sea. or something like that. now i can't get the tune out of my head!

Slinky

Slinky Report 20 Jan 2005 18:25

Gilly gilly Ossan pepper catsanella bogan by the sea-ea-ea-ea-ea.

Unknown

Unknown Report 20 Jan 2005 18:27

Gilly Gilly by the Sea There's a tiny house By a tiny stream Where a lovely lass Had a lovely dream And the dream came true Quite unexpectedly In Gilly-gilly-hassenpfeffer-catch-an-Allan-Bogen-by-the-sea She was out one day Where the tulips grow When a handsome lad Stopped to say hello And before she knew He kissed her tenderly In Gilly-gilly-hassenpfeffer-catch-an-Allan-Bogen-by-the-sea (All right now, Ladies and Gentlemen, you've heard us sing the whole thing right through; we want you to sing each and every word that Frankie sings.) There's a tiny house By a tiny stream Where a lovely lass Had a lovely dream And the dream came true Quite unexpectedly In Gilly-gilly-hassenpfeffer-catch-an-Allan-Bogen-by-the-sea She was out one day Where the tulips grow When a handsome lad Stopped to say hello And before she knew He kissed her tenderly In Gilly-gilly-hassenpfeffer-catch-an-Allan-Bogen-by-the-sea The happy pair were married, one Sunday afternoon They left the church and ran away, to spend their honeymoon In a tiny house By a tiny stream Where a lovely lass Had a lovely dream And the last I heard They still lived happily In Gilly-gilly-hassenpfeffer-catch-an-Allan-Bogen-by-the-sea In Gilly-gilly-hassenpfeffer-catch-an-Allan-Bogen-by-the-sea sung by Max Bygraves

Bev

Bev Report 20 Jan 2005 18:28

ok next verse she was out one day where the tulips grow when a lovely lad stopped to say hello and before she knew he kissed her tenderly with gilly gilly...........................

Bev

Bev Report 20 Jan 2005 18:30

i was nearly right???? thanks sheila Bev

Unknown

Unknown Report 20 Jan 2005 18:32

http://www*whirligig-tv*co*uk/radio/childrensfav*htm found the lyrics on this site - and look at all the other goodies there!!!!!!!!! WONDERFUL!!!!!!

Nina

Nina Report 20 Jan 2005 18:35

who's allan bogan and how did he get caught by the sea? and what's a hassenpfeffer?

Eagles 4

Eagles 4 Report 20 Jan 2005 20:35

That brings back memories. A couple of years ago myself and my two sons and my friend and her daughters were camping in Selsey and we went up to the ballroom one night to watch the entertainment. My youngest (5 at the time) was picked to take part in the children's entertainment which basically involved 6 or 7 children singing this song. They were all given a line each to say and Matthew got the line "quite unexpectedly". Well, when it got to his turn he just looked at the compere and said in a really loud voice "I'm only 5 - I can't say that" To this day if you mention the words gilly gilly to him he goes all embarrassed!