General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Calling all welsh people! and everyone else too! p

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Melanie

Melanie Report 21 Jan 2005 04:58

HI here in Auckland we are running an appeal called Wings from Wales. We are aiming to bring a teenager with cancer, and his family, out to NZ for the Lions tour in July. We have just had confirmation that its a young lad called Scott from Merthyr Tydfil who will be coming out with his twim brother and his dad. For more details , have a look at www (.) aucklandwelsh (.) c o m . Any suggestions for fundraisers or donations very gratefully received! We have received the most amazing donations so far. A tour operator has given us a 3 night stopover in LA on the way here, and a three night stopover in Fiji on the way back. We need to raise at least $20000 NZ and are well on the way

Melanie

Melanie Report 21 Jan 2005 07:39

please give this a nudge so people see it!

Melanie

Melanie Report 21 Jan 2005 19:27

nudge

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust***

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust*** Report 21 Jan 2005 20:02

thats great, you could ask local companys to make a donation, some are more than happy to help, i did fundraising for that kind of thing it was hard and some were grumpy but you do get some that make a one off donation, or ask for items you can raffle, signed t shirts , rugby balls , footballs,

Melanie

Melanie Report 21 Jan 2005 22:54

Thanks we are asking the rugby clubs here to help

Melanie

Melanie Report 21 Jan 2005 23:28

another nudge

Alyson.

Alyson. Report 21 Jan 2005 23:38

Hi Melanie Just read your thread and think it is a fab idea. I live in Merthyr tydfil and my hubby is secretary of local rugby club. We have not heard anything about this lad either in local paper or through the club. Maybe it needs to have more publicity over hear for people to get involved. Regards ALLY

Michelle

Michelle Report 22 Jan 2005 00:39

I live near Merthyr too and I haven't heard anything about this either. M.

Gaynor

Gaynor Report 22 Jan 2005 01:27

nudge

Melanie

Melanie Report 22 Jan 2005 09:14

HI ok will get more details for you about the lad from Merthyr! We are so looking forward to having them here and giving them the holiday of a lifetime! Maybe you can let local people know about it! I know it was on the Roy Noble show last week so we are working on it!

Melanie

Melanie Report 22 Jan 2005 09:51

nudging again

Deanna

Deanna Report 22 Jan 2005 10:21

nudge

Glenys the Menace!

Glenys the Menace! Report 22 Jan 2005 15:03

Susan

Susan Report 22 Jan 2005 15:17

HI THERE IF YOU SEND ALL THE INFORMATION I WILL SEND IT TO ALL THE PAPERS FOR YOU MY EMAIL IS [email protected] will send some more nudges!!!!!!!!!!!!! COME ON EVERYBODY NUDGE NUDGE NUDGE LOVE SUE AND FAMILY ELLESMERE SHROPSHIRE ENGLAND

Susan

Susan Report 22 Jan 2005 15:18

HELLO AGAIN ANOTHER NUDGE

Melanie

Melanie Report 22 Jan 2005 20:16

thanks guys, will you keep you updated!

Looney_tunz

Looney_tunz Report 22 Jan 2005 20:21

sounds like a great cause...nudge for melanie

Melanie

Melanie Report 22 Jan 2005 23:11

nudge