General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

* Are your Ancestors watching you*

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

TonyOz

TonyOz Report 21 Jan 2005 12:24

When i first started researching my family tree many years ago, I remember sitting at our dinning table late at night. This was before pc's. I was writing down and placing my Ancestors BMD's onto a note pad. It was about midnight or later. The wind was howling outside as it was a very stormy night. Everyone else in the house was asleep. I felt a presence,like someone was looking over my shoulder.!! Then the hairs on the back of my neck stood up. I started to think, maybe my great,greats aren't to happy about what I'm doing. ( Looking into there past.) Has anyone else experienced this feeling of someone from their past watching them. ...... an Ancestor maybe!!!!!! Tony Oz......Your thought's

Fairy

Fairy Report 21 Jan 2005 12:27

Yes, I have exactly that! I found out on the computer, a family secret about my Grandmother and I felt she was there next to me very annoyed. It was a very stong feeling as well. Jo.

Christine2

Christine2 Report 21 Jan 2005 12:31

I had a similar experience to Jo but felt that my Grandmother was just saying to herself "oh well, never mind, she always did have to question everything":)))) Chrissie

~~Ali~~

~~Ali~~ Report 21 Jan 2005 12:33

i always feel they are around, sometimes more than others. i took very ill once and i swear that they were holding my hands telling me it was ok, there was the light and everything. i feel comforted by it, although i havent dug anythink too bad up yet! am getting my aura read at the end ogf the mounth and am hoping that there may be some connections coming through while im there! will let you know!

Heather

Heather Report 21 Jan 2005 12:36

Hi Tony I've had that feeling too! I was looking at a chart of my ancestors on the computer and felt that there were rows of them standing behind me looking over my shoulder, much like we do when we are crowding around looking at new photographs. I think they were checking to see if I'd got the facts right, lol. Have to say, it spooked me though. Heather

Marie

Marie Report 21 Jan 2005 12:54

I too have had experiences of family being around me .not just when i do my family tree ??? but everyday ?? these are very moving, and very rewarding. My mother died 22ys ago but she is with me everyday??? I nursed my aunt ( my mum,s sister) from 1999 til 2003. she was always telling me that my mum was there too, and when it was her time to pass over my mum would come and help her. I was with my aunt until the end, and I stood at her bedside, she told me that my mum was there, and asked me if it was alright if she went now ?? I told her that it was alright with me and,wether anybody else believe,s me or not I know that she was there?? and is still watching me always... only now she has more company ?????

Annie in

Annie in Report 21 Jan 2005 16:18

My 3X Gt Grandfather is very angry with me so I have stopped researching that line. I tried to reply earlier but even doing that made him mad, so I won't go in to details now, suffice to say he's managed to petrify me 3 times now so I'm now leaving well alone. All the rest seem quite ok about it though! lol [God, I sound like a nutcase!]

Marie

Marie Report 21 Jan 2005 16:24

no you don,t anne they always let you know how they feel,! think it,s just their way of telling you .... you could be more psychic than you know... so I would tend to lean towards that than think you were a physco..... lol lol (nutcase) then i,m one too eh ??? lol lol lol lol

Heather

Heather Report 21 Jan 2005 16:29

OOH Annie!!!! I think we find them when they want to be found, lol. Are we all mad? Heather

JackyJ1593

JackyJ1593 Report 21 Jan 2005 16:43

I do so hope they are watching and seeing all the family lines getting in contact with each other. Also the paintings of a Great Uncle being discussed, photographed and emailed to all family members as no one knew others existed! Jacky

Deanna

Deanna Report 21 Jan 2005 16:51

I believe so Tony. I had to have a cancer removed about three years ago. I have so many other problems the sugreon was very honest with my son husband and me. He did not expect it to go too well. I woke up still here and the surgeon was really impressed with how everything had gone.L ater that night I woke up crying and someone was stroking my back. There was no one there but I just had the impression that it was my mum. I'min my 60's so Im not an impressionable kid. Like to explain? None believers always do. :-) Deanna

TonyOz

TonyOz Report 22 Jan 2005 01:08

Nudged by an Ancestor.LOL

~¤§ Lara Linga Longa §¤~

~¤§ Lara Linga Longa §¤~ Report 22 Jan 2005 01:36

Did you get a Freddo Christine you were naughty and was mean and despicable and naughty( Just joshin) and I wanted one so there!!! I'm not gunna be your friend if you don't share , LOVE THE DOBBER

~¤§ Lara Linga Longa §¤~

~¤§ Lara Linga Longa §¤~ Report 22 Jan 2005 01:50

Tony its probably true cause I sure don't want my descendants digging into my life when I've gone in fact .I think my great grandfather might have been a bad boy as my gggrand mother was only 15 when they married and he says he was 26 but if the death I found is truly his then he was 8 yrs older than he said when he married her , maybe this is why he went back to the church very strongly when he got older as the guilt was for telling porkies was there, and maybe that is why I can't find his birth either , he 's come back and got rid of it this sounds weird but I have just finished reading a book and in it the women who didn't want the descendants to know they were sent to Tasmania went to the records office and tore the page out of the black book that was used to put their sentence and arrival in when they came of the ships so who knows????

TonyOz

TonyOz Report 22 Jan 2005 02:12

Hi Laraine. I hope my decendants do check me out. I'm hoping they find that there G,G, whatever Grandad was not boring, and got into heaps of mischeif.lol I dont want them thinking i was to straight up, otherwise they wont have something to laugh about. My mrs sides are both convicts 1840s Tassie. ( Irish.) They were both sentenced for 7 years. One for killing and stealing a cow. The other for nicking a silver spoon in Dublin.When i first found this out, we put a sign on our front door for the mrs to read when she came home from work one day. It Read: "CATTLE RUSTLERS NOT WELCOLME HERE" and " ALL SILVER IS LOCKED IN THE VAULT"..LOL Tony Oz

~¤§ Lara Linga Longa §¤~

~¤§ Lara Linga Longa §¤~ Report 22 Jan 2005 02:43

Tony I think that's funny I guess you are right I wouldn't be a boring ancestor either ,though I'm worrying about this ggrandfather Samuel I think he might come after me as I have found out his secrets how is your weather down there we have a nice day not too hot with a breeze so you fel like doing something (work I mean) not anything really exciting as nothing real exciting ever goes on here in Yarrawonga although guess who is coming to appear here Willie Nelson yes the real one hows that ?? got to go and do some work love Laraine

TonyOz

TonyOz Report 22 Jan 2005 02:47

Weather in Melb is fine, """so far""" ( Nice day.) Playing Golf to-morrow. Have a great day. Tonyx