General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

has this happened to you lately?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 21 Jan 2005 19:19

i just got up off my chair,walked along the landing,to the kitchen,only to realise,that i'de forgotten why i was there! bryan.

LindaMcD

LindaMcD Report 21 Jan 2005 19:19

All the time!!!! Linda x

Natalie

Natalie Report 21 Jan 2005 19:20

lol Bryan.

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 21 Jan 2005 19:20

Its yer age mate, never mind, I never find myself doing that at all...... Elaine x

Unknown

Unknown Report 21 Jan 2005 19:21

Oh yes Bryan, I do it all the time. But I think I've found a solution .... keep talking to yourself, then you can remind yourself while you're walking along. Who cares if anyone thinks you're barking? lol Mandy :)

Essex Baz

Essex Baz Report 21 Jan 2005 19:21

Sounds like you`ve had an `age` thing Bryan.lol Baz

Unknown

Unknown Report 21 Jan 2005 19:21

Ha Ha!! Brian is having a senior moment! I do it all the time. Get out of my chair and walk to the bedroom and then have totally forgotten why I wanted to go there. So I have to go back and sit down and maybe remember (or be reminded) if I had been sent to fetch something.

Joan Palmer

Joan Palmer Report 21 Jan 2005 19:22

It happens to me all the time. I often have to retrace my steps because I've forgotten what I was going to do. Joan x

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy Report 21 Jan 2005 19:27

Bryan, Think so, but I cant remember lol Anne in Kent

Unknown

Unknown Report 21 Jan 2005 19:30

this probably sounds strange,but i regularly give myself "memory tests" as my dad suffered from alzheimers,and so simple memory lapses,can be a little worrying,but i suppose its just an age thing. bryan.

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy Report 21 Jan 2005 19:32

Bryan, Dont think it is necessarily an 'age' thing - I'm 41 and I have been like that for years - personally I think we all have so much going on in life, it's probably just some kind of 'grey matter' overload lol............ dont worry about it :O) Anne

NicolaDunbyNocula

NicolaDunbyNocula Report 21 Jan 2005 20:49

My hubby was saying, that when he got up to get ready for work this morning he wasn't sure what he was doing. He stood there for ages staring at the bread in the microwave thinking that he had to do our sons sandwiches for school but his legs just wouldn't move. When he eventually did move, he went to go to the microwave to get the bread out, but ended up in the living room and wasn't quite sure what he was doing in there, so turning around and went back to the kitchen to make the sandwiches. I called him a doughnut, and he replied "Christ knows why I went to the living room". pmsl Nicola xx

Christine

Christine Report 21 Jan 2005 20:51

Definately age....I phoned a Client yesterday and as soon as they answered the reason for the call went out of my head completely....had to own up to the fact...put the phone down and instantly remembered

Unknown

Unknown Report 21 Jan 2005 20:52

oh,you could be right there lou!..i do remember,i was doing a write up about piles...you know...a pain in the arxe lol bryan.

NicolaDunbyNocula

NicolaDunbyNocula Report 21 Jan 2005 20:53

I would agree with you except my hubby is only 30 bless him, I think that he is getting old way before his time. lol Nicola xx

Fairy

Fairy Report 21 Jan 2005 21:15

I get really annoyed with myself, when I go up the stairs, get to the top, forget why I'm there, go all the way down again, only to remember what it was at the bottom. Jo.