General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

anti virus any advice please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jayne

Jayne Report 21 Jan 2005 20:18

my hard drive packed up last week i had a new one put in yesterday it has wiped all my old anti virus Norton and firewall and adaware which was put on 12 months ago .the man who fitted it has put on Sophos anti virus and adaware se is this enough to protect my pc or is there any better free downloads? thanks x

badger

badger Report 21 Jan 2005 20:39

go into msn help,there is a new spyware free programme thats very good ,and there is a free firewall from zone alarms which is good also.Fred.ptfg.

McB

McB Report 21 Jan 2005 20:40

Jayne Try going to www. computeractive(.) co(.)uk ( remove brackets) go to freestuff and download AVG anti virus it's free and is as good as Norton and McCaffe. Brian