General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I'm freezing (don't forget your birdbaths this mor

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Christine2

Christine2 Report 22 Jan 2005 10:36

I went out with a kettle of boiling water to unfreeze the bird bath and then realised that I would have to stand outside and wait for it to cool down before I dare come in. Couldn't let them burn their little feet could I:)) I have had to get myself a steaming hot coffee to warm up and they are on the patio looking at me and I swear they are grinning:)))) Chrissie x

Deanna

Deanna Report 22 Jan 2005 10:41

They are surely not as daft as us Chrissie or they'd never survive! Get yourself warmed up quick!!!! Deanna X

Nantwich

Nantwich Report 22 Jan 2005 10:42

Morning Chrissie I've just done the same!! its freezing here, very icy and foggy and as I type this I've a rather thin looking Robiin at the kitchen window...will refill birdfeeder!!!! Sarah

Heather

Heather Report 22 Jan 2005 10:44

Hi Chrissie It's freezing here too! We save the dripping from the Sunday joint and every morning we spread some on bread and put it out for thr birds, they love it. Heather

Christine2

Christine2 Report 22 Jan 2005 10:46

Thank all - am just thawing out now. It's actually bright sunshine here - still chilly though. Chrissie x

Christine2

Christine2 Report 22 Jan 2005 10:48

Oh thanks Linda - just seen your reply - on my way, it will only take about 3-5 hours depending on where in the south you are:)))))))))))

June

June Report 22 Jan 2005 11:20

There has been a ground frost here but my bird bath isn't frozen fortuneately and my blackbirds have had their usual bath, there is water splashed all over the place. June xx

Christine2

Christine2 Report 22 Jan 2005 11:21

You want me to drown Lisa ? LOL :))))))

Christine2

Christine2 Report 22 Jan 2005 11:23

June - mine have had a whale of a time - I have come to the conclusion that they like it very slightly warm :))))

Christine2

Christine2 Report 22 Jan 2005 11:39

I think I'll be about 3-4 hours then, if I get my foot down. Leaving now:))))