General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Any golfers out there?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

TonyOz

TonyOz Report 24 Jan 2005 11:16

Any golf people out there who have played some nice courses around the world. Or anyone had a hole in one.?? ( no fibbin now.) Whats your H/cap, and whats your best 18 holes. Tony Oz

PinkDiana

PinkDiana Report 24 Jan 2005 11:30

I took up golf once and then the golf pro and I decided that my scratch handicap in Shopping was the best thing to work on maintaining!! :O)

TonyOz

TonyOz Report 24 Jan 2005 11:49

So that means you didnt go back for a second lesson Diana? Tony Oz :>))

PinkDiana

PinkDiana Report 24 Jan 2005 12:31

I had 20 lessons babe.... still it proved to me that I was better at shopping and they say you should always stick to what you are best at!! :O)

TonyOz

TonyOz Report 24 Jan 2005 12:47

Then i might take up shoppin too!! Tony Oz :>))

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 24 Jan 2005 13:16

As the wife, mother, g.mother and mother-in-law of golfers - please ban this topic!!!!!!!!!!! Ann

TonyOz

TonyOz Report 24 Jan 2005 13:25

Ann. Does the GC at the end of your name mean GOLF COURSE?? Tony Oz x

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 24 Jan 2005 13:58

I tried taking it up being like Anne the wife, Mother, M i L and grandmother of golfers but I always found better things to do, it took too much time for a round. I used to 'enjoy the walk' on a lovely summer evening but my cries of 'oh look there is a moorhen, or that's a pretty flower, or what was that bird? Ooh it is a woodpacker!' were not appreciated. husband had a hole in one a few years back, his handicap is 7 now but has been lower. Ann Glos

PinkDiana

PinkDiana Report 24 Jan 2005 14:19

My husband said his handicap was me as I never used to let me play!! :O)

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 24 Jan 2005 17:00

don't swear Anthony!!! Blimmin hubby and father-i-l are obsessed. grrrrrrrrrr! Maz. XX

Unknown

Unknown Report 24 Jan 2005 17:02

Since I used to Caddy at the Royal Wimbledon I have never seen the point of chasing a little white ball round three miles of rough countryside. I would rather take a dog for a walk.

Ramblin Rose

Ramblin Rose Report 24 Jan 2005 17:09

my very first boyfriend ,when I was 15 was a golfing enthusiast.I spent one besotted summer acting as his caddy.By the end of the summer I thought ''s-d this for a bowl of cherries'' and cast my net wider.I have never gone out with a golfing ace since. My son Jerome is a great golfer. Travells miles to visit a club. When you come over for your holiday Tony,you will have to let me know as he belongs to Clubs on the South Coast. Funny really ,he has only just got back from Aus.He had a great time. Another one of my boys is going out in April,Sydney area,-Keep in touch-Rose

Harry

Harry Report 24 Jan 2005 19:20

Tony, I have had a hole in one and also something I,ve not heard of anyone else getting. On a par three, I put my first shot out of bounds and in bad temper, I put another one down and just swung at it and down it went. hole in one , or three if you must. This could be the cheapest lesson you have had - put the ball down; swing naturally and don,t think of technique. Yours fore ever.

TonyOz

TonyOz Report 25 Jan 2005 00:51

Maybe i should have changed the thread to " Any Golfers widow's out there?"LOL I love the game, but also the excercise it gives. The lovely crisp mornings and the fresh air. Jim. I used to caddy for my dad, and thats what started my interest in the game. Rose. When i come to the U.K in Sept, we are going to stay in Edinburgh ( Scot.) for 3 days, so hoping at least to have a look at St.Andrews. Harry. I bet at the time, you would have wished it was the first ball you hit, instead of your 3rd off the Tee. But at least your honest. Still an amazing shot regardless, and i could only hope if it ever happens to me, that i have my golfing mates with me, when and if ever it occurs. Tony Oz.