General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Depressing songs

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Bec

Bec Report 24 Jan 2005 18:32

Bec

Bec Report 24 Jan 2005 18:33

I'm feeling down in the dumps :-( What miserable songs can I download? What do you listen to when you're fed up? becx

Andy

Andy Report 24 Jan 2005 18:34

Anything by Nick Cave and the bad seeds. Wonderfully depressing stuff, I put it on when I want to get rid of the wife, she can't stand it!

Kerry

Kerry Report 24 Jan 2005 18:34

awww dont want you to be fed up bec...you need to be happy. What about the "lovely day" song from tetley ads??

VIVinHERTS

VIVinHERTS Report 24 Jan 2005 19:33

Any thing by Leonard Cohen! viv

Unknown

Unknown Report 24 Jan 2005 19:56

How about the Smiths ? REM, Everybody Hurts ? However - you'd be better off listening to something a bit more "up" to cheer yourself up.

Margaret

Margaret Report 24 Jan 2005 22:45

Same as Berry, anything by that dreadful man, 'Be quite theres a baby in house,' made me want to kill him, never mind myself. Maggie

Red

Red Report 24 Jan 2005 22:52

Same as Paul, The Smiths. You should be wanting something upliftin.

Luciacw

Luciacw Report 24 Jan 2005 22:55

Why do you want to hear depressing songs?? :-S :-D

**Sheesh

**Sheesh Report 24 Jan 2005 22:57

I like Nick Cave and Leonard Cohen - am i depressed but not realised it yet? :-)

Andy

Andy Report 24 Jan 2005 23:03

Listen to 'Love Is Hell' by Ryan Adams from start to finish!

Suffolker

Suffolker Report 24 Jan 2005 23:09

the song 'mad world' is good so is sinead o'connors nothing compares to u

Luciacw

Luciacw Report 24 Jan 2005 23:10

fields of gold......Eva Cassidy No Woman No Cry......Bob Marley :-)

Len of the Chilterns

Len of the Chilterns Report 24 Jan 2005 23:16

If you really want some oldies: Gloomy Sunday (Paul Robeson) Strange Fruits (Billie Holiday) Its better not to be alone while you listen, if you are of a delicate disposition. If you can't download them from anywhere, I could copy them onto an audio tape for you. Len

PennyDainty

PennyDainty Report 24 Jan 2005 23:18

Joy Division or any of the Heavy Metal stuff my son plays...............depresses the hell out of me! LOL Christine

VIVinHERTS

VIVinHERTS Report 24 Jan 2005 23:27

I do like Leonard Cohen, he's a wonderful poet but listen long enough and you'll feel depressed! Viv

MaggyfromWestYorkshire

MaggyfromWestYorkshire Report 24 Jan 2005 23:43

Have to agree with Paul, when my daughter is down in the dumps it's Everybody Hurts by REM every time. Maggy