General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Why -It's Better To Be a Man... Sorry Ladies

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Bob

Bob Report 24 Jan 2005 20:13

I couldn't let Kerry get away with that LOL

Bob

Bob Report 24 Jan 2005 20:14

Phone conversations last 30 seconds You know useful stuff about tanks and airplanes A 5 day holiday requires only one suitcase Toilet queues are 80% shorter You can open all your own jars Old friends don't give you crap if you've lost or gained weight When clicking through the channels you don't have to stop on every shot of someone crying You don't have to lug a bag of "necessary" items with you everywhere you go You can go to the toilet alone Your last name stays put You can leave a hotel room bed unmade You can kill your own food The garage is all yours You get extra credit for the slightest act of thoughtfulness You see the humour in "Terms of Endearment" You never have to clean the toilet You can be showered and ready in 10 minutes Wedding plans take care of themselves If someone forgets to invite you to something, they can still be your friend Your underwear costs £10 for a pack of 3 None of your co-workers have the power to make you cry You don't have to shave below your neck You don't have to curl up next to some big, hairy guy every night If you're 34 and single, no one notices Chocolate is just another snack Three pair of shoes are more than enough You can say anything and not worry about what people think You can whip your shirt off on a hot day Car mechanics tell you the truth You don't give a flip if someone doesn't notice your new haircut You can watch a game in silence for hours without your mate thinking, "He must be mad at me" One mood, all the time You can admire Clint Eastwood without having to starve yourself to look like him Same work........more pay Gray hair and wrinkles add character Wedding dress £2000, Suit rental £50 You don't care if someone is talking behind your back You don't pass on the dessert and then mooch off someone else's If you retain water, it is in a canteen The occasional well-rendered belch is practically expected If something mechanical didn't work, you can bash it with a hammer and throw it across the room You think the idea of punting that small, ankle-biting dog is funny

Sandra

Sandra Report 24 Jan 2005 20:16

lol and you still need us sandra

Kerry

Kerry Report 24 Jan 2005 20:16

awwwwwwwww bob LOL

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 24 Jan 2005 20:20

Not always - according to a programme I have just watched - women are definitely the better drivers!

Margaret

Margaret Report 24 Jan 2005 20:32

Bob Men may go to the loo alone, but they arent alone while they are actually using the loo. Do they like to make comparisons of each other? Women like to do these things in private, not a group thing Margaret

Kerry

Kerry Report 24 Jan 2005 20:36

chocolate is another snack for me

badger

badger Report 24 Jan 2005 20:39

Sorry Ann those studies don't allow for the fact that there are six times the number of male drivers on the roads,and the males tend to drive long er distances ,not school runs or shopping trips ,most insurance companies now accept that the studies they based their conclusions on was flawed. The difference between male and female drivers is negligable ,good and bad in both gender.I agree with bob men know what they want in the shops ,and are usually more decisive in anything they do,says Fred,hunting the storm shelters lol.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 24 Jan 2005 22:23

lol Bob Ann Glos

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 24 Jan 2005 22:34

Fred - you want quick shopping - come with me as I loathe shopping of any kind and if it is clothes I am in and out - fast. I have not gone with my daughter shopping (apart from her wedding dress as she needed my cheque book) since she was a teenager as she loves to shop.