General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

got knicked tonight :(

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

MrsBucketBouquet

MrsBucketBouquet Report 25 Jan 2005 04:02

MrsBucketBouquet

MrsBucketBouquet Report 25 Jan 2005 04:02

On my way home after a horendous nights work on the worlds most famous car park.....M25...... 2am and clear as a bell!!!! ..................... There was me going through the road works near the M4, happily dodging the camaras.... as ya do!!! ...over taking on the INSIDE of the middle lane hoggers..... as ya do!!! ......... then....oops! spotted the flashing lights in rear view (only usually use this as a make-up mirror!)........got the 'arm wave!'.......said the 'F' word while trying to put my seat belt on....... stopped... was asked to sit in officers car ...... was cautioned...me knees n elbows were shaking lol....... "ok ok "says I! hands r up!....... anyway...after a bit of blah blah blah...he said he could do one of three things....instant 3 points and £60....go to court n still get the same but pay more or a bollocking.......I asked for a bollocking....lol........he said cos I was a nice lady he was gonna give me a bollocking......what a nice man!!!! :-) nicest bollocking I ever had.....lol.......... I gotta travel on that damn bitta road all bloody week!!!! so.... If you see a car doing 40MPH on the M25 in the early hours....It's ME!!!.... SORRY!!!!!

Maz from Cornwall

Maz from Cornwall Report 25 Jan 2005 04:07

LOL!! Gerri!! That'll teach you!! Maz x

badger

badger Report 25 Jan 2005 10:39

You were lucky Gerri,the fuzz up here are a different kettle of fish i can assure you ,but with the amount of nutters on the roads up here i can see why,but no seat belt ,whos'e a silly person then,what do you think would happen to that pretty nose in an accident eh? Fred.ptfg.

Fairy

Fairy Report 25 Jan 2005 10:49

Why are you not wearing your seat belt Gerri. Not a pretty sight to go through a windscreen. Fairy Godmother telling you off! Take care. X

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 25 Jan 2005 10:57

Geri, had a chuckle but you were lucky. And I echo the others Please do wear your seat belt, a smashed face is not a pretty sight. Ann Glos

June

June Report 25 Jan 2005 11:02

Gerri, Please wear your seat belt! It will save your life. As for the telling off, I've been there, and he was only a young kid too! Take care. June xx

PinkDiana

PinkDiana Report 25 Jan 2005 11:33

Having been in a head on at 65mph and having had the seatbelt save my face and possibly my life! I too can only say!! WEAR YOUR SEATBELT!! I was lucky, just had 2 broken ribs and a chipped tooth from the airbag.... you may not be so lucky!!

Dafydd

Dafydd Report 25 Jan 2005 12:50

The police here in Germany just drive up behind you and then tell you over their loudspeakers to put your seatbelt on or face being nicked. Its much easier than pulling them over and fining or bollocking them. They also tell you to put your phone down, even though they are supposed to be clamping down heavily on offenders. It does seem to work better though.

badger

badger Report 25 Jan 2005 21:41

That's too sensible for our police Mary ,oh but if they would ,what a cracking idea.far better than clogging up the system with paper work.Fred ptfg.

Joy

Joy Report 25 Jan 2005 21:49

Please, please wear your seatbelt. If I had not been wearing mine when a car crashed into me, I feel sure I would not be here to write this. Joy