General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

ANCESTORS

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Maz from Cornwall

Maz from Cornwall Report 25 Jan 2005 06:05

Maz from Cornwall

Maz from Cornwall Report 25 Jan 2005 06:06

If you could see your ancestors All standing in a row, Would you be proud of them? Or don't you really know? Strange discoveries are sometimes made, In climbing the family tree Occasionally one is found in line Who shocks his progeny. If you could see your ancestors All standing in a row, Perhaps there might be one or two You wouldn't care to know Now turn the question right about, And take another view When you shall meet your ancestors, Will they be proud of you?

Maz from Cornwall

Maz from Cornwall Report 25 Jan 2005 06:08

Genealogy is my pastime, I shall not stray It maketh me to lie down and examine half buried tombstones. It leadeth me to still courthouses. It restoreth my ancestral knowledge. It leadeth me into the paths of Census Records and Ship Passenger Lists for my Surnames sake. Yea, though I wade through the shadows of Research Libraries and Microfilm Readers, I shall fear no discouragement, for a strong urge is with me. The Curiosity and Motivation, they comfort me. It demandeth preparation of storage space for the aquisition of countless documents. It anointeth my head with burning midnight oil, my family group sheets runneth over. Surely Birth, Marriage, and Death Records shall follow me all the days of my life; And I shall dwell in the house of the Family History Seeker forever