General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

'The Tribe' - has anyone been watching it ?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Simon

Simon Report 25 Jan 2005 11:57

I think it's been a fantastic series. It's almost beautiful to watch how effortlessly and diplomatically Bruce Parry integrates with the tribes he's stayed with. I think it's fascinating to see just how universal basic human facets such as humour, laughing, loyalty, grief and respect are. I loved a couple of the chaps on last weeks edition (the infamous penis inversion one) were just bonkers playing up to the cameras and giggling. It was awful on last night's edition to see how overnight the section of the forrest in which they lived was flattened to the ground by loggers, with no warning. Worthy though other causes are, you can't help but think that that forrest might have been saved had there been a rare parrot or monkey living in it, yet the indigenous human population just had to put up with it. Simon

Andrea

Andrea Report 25 Jan 2005 12:03

I've been watching..... brilliant ! I had a lump in my throat with last nights one, when he left them and what his "father" said to him. Couldn't watch when they sacrificed the cow/buffalo thingy ( can't think what it was called !) Andrea