General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

For anyone who's ever had a baby in SCBU

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 25 Jan 2005 13:58

Wires, by Athlete... :'(

Unknown

Unknown Report 25 Jan 2005 13:58

You got wires, going in You got wires, coming out of your skin You got tears, making tracks I got tears, that are scared of the facts Running down corridors Through automatic doors Got to get to you, got to see this through I see hope is here, in a plastic box I've seen christmas lights, reflect in your eyes You got wires, going in You got wires, coming out of your skin There's dry blood, on your wrist Your dry blood, on my fingertip Running down corridors Through automatic doors Got to get to you, got to see this through First night of your life, curled up on your own Looking at you now, you would never know I see it in your eyes I see it in your eyes You'll be alright I see it in your eyes I see it in your eyes You'll be alright Alright Running ... down corridors, through, automatic doors, Got to get to you, got to see this through, I see hope is here, in a plastic box, I've seen christmas lights, reflect in your eyes, Down corridors, through automatic doors, Got to get to you, got to see this through, First night of your life, curled up on your own, Looking at you now, you would never know

Bec

Bec Report 25 Jan 2005 13:58

Such a beautiful song! becx

♥Julia♦from♦Liverpool ♥

♥Julia♦from♦Liverpool ♥ Report 25 Jan 2005 14:02

thanks Paul :-) so true made me cry, brings it all back, they go trough so much for such tiny babies but can be so strong too Julia

PinkDiana

PinkDiana Report 25 Jan 2005 14:07

Remembering my neice just like that 8 years ago.... she survived and will always be my special ickle girl!

susie manterfield(high wycombe)

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 25 Jan 2005 14:07

hi paul it brings back so many memories of when my stuart was in wycombe SCBU .he was 7 weeks prem. he is now 28 yrs old and one hell of a strapping lad susie

Unknown

Unknown Report 25 Jan 2005 14:11

well you know Ben was 14 weeks early Susie... just a little scrap of a thing... and it's true what the song says.. looking at him now, you would never know.. :'(

JessyG

JessyG Report 25 Jan 2005 14:15

gawd heard it the other day but you don't take notice of the words unless they are written down. my brother was in special care. he's now 6ft, size 10 shoes and is built like a brick but is so caring and adorable!

Star

Star Report 25 Jan 2005 14:31

Can you buy it in the shops, my triplets were 14 weeks early and are now 8yrs but the memories of them in SCBU i will never forget, thank you for puting the words down in print. Cherry

Unknown

Unknown Report 25 Jan 2005 14:35

Cherry, the singles out at the moment, its in the chart, being played to death on the radio (took me a few listens to catch the lyrics properly and realise what it was about thought). Their albums out in a week or so, I've just ordered it...

Star

Star Report 25 Jan 2005 14:38

Thanks Paul, i dont listen to the radio much, but several people on the multiple birth website have mentioned it. I will certainly look to buying it . Thanks Paul Cherry

Unknown

Unknown Report 25 Jan 2005 14:41

heres a little tip then. install iTunes on your PC (you don't have to have an iPod to use the software). Then to to the iTunes website via the iTunes music player. you can then download the song for 79p, rather than pay about £2.99 for the cd. of course it might be possible to download it from some of the other (legal) download sites, but I like iTunes.

The Mad House

The Mad House Report 25 Jan 2005 15:45

i had that with my second son it bring's back so many memories that is so true

Shelli4

Shelli4 Report 25 Jan 2005 15:48

Have never heard this on the radio, but i don't listen that often anymore. But just shed a few tears, my twins were five weeks early. And below average for several yrs. They are now 9 and doing well, but reading that brought it all back. XXXXX

Cazziemc

Cazziemc Report 25 Jan 2005 16:12

How true! My "baby" (he had his 9th birthday last week) was in SCBU with a hole in his heart. I was convinced he was going to die and I was a wreck. All the other babies were tiny next to him, he was a healthy looking 7lb 15oz! He had wires and tubes everywhere. Now - he is as healthy as a horse (and as stubborn) and lives to play football. He is top goalscorer on his local team, and last year was invited to train at The Cliff, with the junior Manchester United coaches. The hole in his heart eventually closed on it's own, but I can well remember the heartbreak and trauma of that time. For months after he left SCBU I had the nose of the alarms and machines in my brain every night. Alls well that ends well!. Carol.

Unknown

Unknown Report 25 Jan 2005 17:05

Oh Paul, amazing how words like this can bring it all back ... even though it was over 16 years ago. Jordan was under 4lbs, 8 weeks early and very poorly. But the worst bit was them moving him to a different hospital before I was around from the anaesthetic, so I didn't see him until he was 10 days old. However .. like many other prem babies - he is now 6'2", size 11 feet and built like the proverbial! Very proud today because he got a mention in the school newsletter for qualifying as a First Aider. Mandy xx

Stephanie

Stephanie Report 25 Jan 2005 17:09

Thanks paul..Tommy (baby bro) was in the Incubators for a long time, was very scary and so distressing to see him like it....but now he is a 1 year old boy..little thug who is the spit of phil mitchell....LOL! i love him! xx

lou from leicestershire

lou from leicestershire Report 25 Jan 2005 20:16

paul it brings bak memories for me to but kris wasnt prem but so ill they said he was gonna die thank god hes a fighter