General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I've just seen my Xrays!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Andy

Andy Report 25 Jan 2005 20:26

Pending the hip replacement, I've been to St Albans general for my pre-op assessment. All is fine, but I had to go for another xray of the pelvis, take the film up to the assessment unit. So I sneaked a look! UUurgh! my left hip is almost a third of the way out of the socket going upwards. Bugger! I wondered why my left leg is now half an inch shorter than my right! I'm terrified of the outcome!

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 25 Jan 2005 20:32

Andy You will be fine after the op.elderly ladies where I work have had their hip joint replaced and they are in their 70'/80's/90's. So please don't worry,you will be fine. Sue

Bev

Bev Report 25 Jan 2005 20:32

that will teach you to go nosing!!!!! Bev

Andy

Andy Report 25 Jan 2005 20:33

Bev! I like to know - it's how I cope!

Bev

Bev Report 25 Jan 2005 20:39

Andy i am sure if you asked the DR would show you the xray and explain it. i know we do for our patients. as long as you do as you are told and do not abuse the physiotherapist (no matter how provoked) i am sure you will be fine Bev

Christine2

Christine2 Report 25 Jan 2005 20:42

Andy My mum had a knee replacement (supposed to be more difficult than hips) in her 70's. She did all the exercises afterwards as she was shown and it gave her a new lease of life. Good luck-I'm sure it will be fine. Chrissie

Margaret

Margaret Report 25 Jan 2005 20:43

You will be fine as long as you do what you are told I worked in the trauma and orthopedic ward before i packed in work Hope all goes well for you Margaret

Joy

Joy Report 25 Jan 2005 21:13

When is the operation? All the best for it, Joy

Janet 693215

Janet 693215 Report 25 Jan 2005 21:22

A neighbour of my Mothers had a fall five years ago and broke her hip. She had the replacement and made a full recovery. Nothing unusual in that except she celebrated her 100th birthday in December. Going to the other extreme a friend of ours (28) had his done last year. The first time we saw him after the op he looked ten years younger because the pain had gone.

PolperroPrincess

PolperroPrincess Report 25 Jan 2005 21:26

Andy, my boyfriend has to go for a cat scan next month as he also needs a hip replacement! He is only 40 and has osteoarthritis in his hip and has been unable to work for almost two years! He has loads of other treatment including a steroid implant. Unfortunately this treatment didnt work and the doctors have advised a replacement! He too is worried about the outcome....but says the best thing will be that he will be able to go back to work properly! Bev