General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Looking for World War 2 Heroines

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Tracey

Tracey Report 26 Jan 2005 15:03

Hi Everybody, I was watching Richard and Judy on 25th January 2005, about Women from the WW2 and the memorial being erected in Whitehall. As a serving female soldier I would like to thank the women before me. So I'm posting this list of great women Dame Betty Boothroyd and her team are looking for. I thought this site for be a great place to start, please help. WORLD WAR II HEROINES An appeal was launched yesterday to track down the small, surviving band of valiant women decorated for bravery in the Second World War. Former Commons speaker Betty Boothroyd launched the appeal, five months before a £1m monument dedicated to the women is installed on London's Whitehall. Anyone who can help trace the women below is asked to call the Fund on 020 7430 0443. Vera Anderson, Nottingham Dr Laura Bateman, London Mrs Mary Beardshall, Coventry Mrs Marian Boulton, Mottingham Margaret Brown, Coventry Joyce Burton, Coventry Mrs Dorothy Clarke, Aldeburgh Mrs Mary Fitzgerald, Plymouth Mary Fleming, London Violet Frampton, Bristol Dorothy Gardner, Hastings Sheila Greaves, Anzio beachhead Mrs Bessie Hepburn, Aldeburgh Wendy Hollyer, Croydon Emma Horne, Coventry Mrs Emily Knee, Exeter Patricia Marmion, London Mrs Catherine McGovern, London Dr Allison McNairn, Plymouth Mary Newman, Southampton Stewardess Elizabeth Owen aboard the SS St Mrs Marion Patterson, Aberdeen Mrs Marjorie Perkins, Coventry Betty Quinn, Coventry Grace Rattenbury, London Violet Reid, Montrose, Angus Ruby Rosser, London Maude Steele, Sherborne, Dorset Elise Stevens, Bristol Sonia Straw, Caterham Mary Thomas, London Aileen Turner, London Dorothy White, Horsham