General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Am gonna cry.......

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Shelli4

Shelli4 Report 26 Jan 2005 21:36

Have got major brick wall with my married line, COULBY. And am trying to find somethin/anything that may help clarify the situation. So I thought I'd use parish records at LMA... YES they have the ones i want........ BUT they are unfit for veiwing.... SO i think I'll contact them and ask when they maybe available..........the contact page is down for maintence.......I GIVE UP

sandra rogers

sandra rogers Report 26 Jan 2005 21:38

hiya shelli can i help you i have ancestry .com x

Unknown

Unknown Report 26 Jan 2005 21:41

heres a hankie hon

Joy

Joy Report 26 Jan 2005 21:42

another hankie for you. Joy

Unknown

Unknown Report 26 Jan 2005 21:44

Shelli :-( Perhaps the relevant family history society knows of a transcript of the registers? nell

Shelli4

Shelli4 Report 26 Jan 2005 21:46

Thanks Sandra, but ancestry won't help. Shelia/Joy I need MORE!!!!! Evrytime i think i've found something that my shed some light , then wallop...nothing. back in Jan, the electoral rolls were unfit and now this, and i can't even mail them and ask when thparish reocrds may be available SO SOBSOB

Unknown

Unknown Report 26 Jan 2005 21:47

Nooooooo Shelli don't cry - I'm a big softie and I will end up joining you!!!!!!! Mandy :) xx

Shelli4

Shelli4 Report 26 Jan 2005 21:50

Nell maybe, i did try the local library/archives today. The whole palce has had a mojor revamp. It's the first library to go digital or something!!!! anyway i took all my note to ask one of the local society members their thoughts, as there was always one available to assist etc. Only to be told they're not doing that anymore... Which society would cover Rotherhithe???? East Surrey or East of London?????? East London only covers north of the river doesn't it??

Shelli4

Shelli4 Report 26 Jan 2005 21:54

now I'm just mad!!!!!!!!! up until the revamp ( which by the way only means new filing cabinets in archives and new tables) there was almost always a member of East Surrey in the search room. And guess which society i need??????? my luck goes from abd to worse on this line........... Blinking Coulbys i know what i'd like to do them LOL

Joy

Joy Report 26 Jan 2005 22:23

another hanky for you on its way. Joy