General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

nuts

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Back to my Roots

Back to my Roots Report 27 Jan 2005 14:15

Hi after quiting smoking back in october and enjoying christmas i have gained weight. so instead of eating crisps and chocolate i thought i would try nuts. but from sheet i have found on healthy eating it says i should only eat chestnuts on a daily basis. surely there are more, i have. got pinenuts,and walnuts but it states only eat these 2-3 times a week, and sunflower seed not more then once a week. can anyone tell me whats good, and how much i can eat. shaz.

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 27 Jan 2005 14:18

Shaz I'm nuts about nuts too! lol. But I read somewhere they they are quite high in fat so you should only eat a few. If you're anything like me though you'll sit and scoff the lot in one go! Think I read that Brazils are supposed to be very good for the brain - but not the ones covered in chocolate! Jeanette x

SheilaSomerset

SheilaSomerset Report 27 Jan 2005 14:20

Shaz - I don't know how much you should eat, but I do know that nuts (generally) are very high in calories! However they are also protein-packed - what about fruit as another alternative (dried fruit is good, but it can also be high in calories). Good Luck!

Valice in

Valice in Report 27 Jan 2005 14:29

We eat nuts on a daily basis usually as an afters instead of pudding, not salted ones though nor peanuts. Fruit we eat before meals too. Have never heard of them being bad for you on a daily basis. Val

Back to my Roots

Back to my Roots Report 27 Jan 2005 14:37

hi again Jeanette, and hi Sheila and Valice the sheet i had was from the doctors that states how often you should eat them. whats a girl to do, i just dont no what to eat, i like most veg but not raw, and i dont eat a lot of fruit, must try to get into that. now if i won the lotto i would employ someone to cook me healthy meals and prepare healthy nibbles. Shaz

susie manterfield(high wycombe)

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 27 Jan 2005 14:49

sharon i do know that nuts are fattening. also hubby has high cholestral and isnt allowed to eat nuts at all. susie

Back to my Roots

Back to my Roots Report 27 Jan 2005 15:01

thanks Susie does anyone watch little Brittan cos if you do you will understand DUST ANYONE, NO, DUST. there no fat in that is there LOL Shaz

BrianW

BrianW Report 27 Jan 2005 15:05

Can't resist salted cashews!

Valice in

Valice in Report 27 Jan 2005 18:10

If you listened to everything, you'd eat and drink nothing at all, and even thats not good for you!! Lol . Val