General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Out of the mouths of babes

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

PolperroPrincess

PolperroPrincess Report 28 Jan 2005 10:35

Read this in the paper:- "While saying goodnight to my ten year old son, I noticed he was looking more thoughtful than usual so I asked him what was on his mind. He replied; 'Im thinking about what I want to do when Im older.' I asked what he had decided, and he said: 'I think I'll be a dustman: they only work one day a week.'"

Tallulah

Tallulah Report 28 Jan 2005 10:43

lol, Bev. I seen this in yesterday's Scottish Daily Mail. I always read the out of the mouth of babes bit, it's usually very funny. Mind you the "jokes" they sometimes print are totally unfunny. Tricia

PolperroPrincess

PolperroPrincess Report 28 Jan 2005 10:44

I read it in yesterdays daily mail but it really tickled me!!

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 28 Jan 2005 11:01

Our son wanted to be a dustman too but he wanted to collect all the toys and fix them to the front of the lorry, like the bin men did near our house. Later he wanted to be an astronaut, - but changed his mind after climbing up to the top of a church tower on an open day and thinking that was too high! Yes, he's had quite a few ideas on his way to finding the right job for him!