General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Funeral Wreaths

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 29 Jan 2005 17:37

My aunt aged 90 and her funeral was on Thursday in Liverpool have just been told by her g.daughter that the local pub sent a circular wreath with a full bottle of whiskey in centre! I love it - auntie ejoyed her little tipple! No they did not leave the whiskey in the wreath but used it to drink her health afterwards! Ann

JackyJ1593

JackyJ1593 Report 29 Jan 2005 17:39

What a lovely gesture to show they knew her! Jacky :-)

Paula

Paula Report 29 Jan 2005 17:43

When my boyfriends uncle died last year someone had a wreath made that looked like a pint of bitter, was very good Paula

Clare

Clare Report 29 Jan 2005 18:18

when my father in law died we had a market stall made out of flowers and when his auntie died we had a horse and romany gypsy caravan made out of flowers,they were gorgeous!!my father in law was a market trader and his auntie was a romany gypsy