General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Are mobile phones washable?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Eagles 4

Eagles 4 Report 29 Jan 2005 19:26

Please say yes cos I've just washed my son's by accident!!!!! He left it in his tracksuit top. It smells lovely but won't work and I'm in big trouble. I normally always check the contents of pockets before washing but sods law today I didn't cos I was in a rush.

Val

Val Report 29 Jan 2005 19:26

No you will need to let it dry out as same happened to mine

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy Report 29 Jan 2005 19:27

If it's like mine that had a swin, you might need a new battery.

Unknown

Unknown Report 29 Jan 2005 19:27

His fault for leaving it in his pocket. He needs to learn to take responsibility for his belongings. Would never happen to my son - his phone is always in his hand!!! nell

Debbie

Debbie Report 29 Jan 2005 19:28

I remember a little while ago on here, someone dropped thiers down the toilet. She put it in the airing cupboard and it worked the next day. So let's just hope for your sake that when it dries it will work again.

Kathleen

Kathleen Report 29 Jan 2005 19:28

Hi when my daughter dropped hers in loo, she dried it out with hardryer--worked a treat for her then not so lucky when she dropped it in her coffee though goodluck kathleen

~♥ Daisy ♥~

~♥ Daisy ♥~ Report 29 Jan 2005 19:31

Nothing to do with washing phones but speaking of mobiles, my poor daughter just had hers stolen from the mobile phone shop she works in! "Customer" walked in, spoke to her, put a piece of paper over her phone then walked out with it. All on cctv camera and the police are coming some time next week they said! Daisy

Lisa

Lisa Report 29 Jan 2005 19:52

Ah, well, I did once wash and dry my sons because he'd left it in his pocket. It wasn't till I wondered what the awful clunking sound coming from the tumble dryer was and decided to investigate that I found it! Amazingly, after a couple of days on the radiator drying out, it still worked. A few months later he dropped it and that did put paid to it! Maybe I was just lucky though, a friend was texting someone while she was sitting in the bath and dropped the phone, and hers packed up instantly. Lisa

Eagles 4

Eagles 4 Report 29 Jan 2005 19:57

Hmmm, sounds like there is hope! Oh well, fingers crossed. It's now in the airing cupboard but son is downstairs having a mega sulk and looking through the Argos catalogue deciding which phone I'm buying him tomorrow!!!