General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Lost World of Mitchell and Kenyon

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Karen

Karen Report 30 Jan 2005 03:56

Did anyone watch this? It was brilliant,, old films that they found from a premises which was being turned into a shop. The shop fitters found reels of film which they passed onto a film historian who then put them on to film for us to see. The films were done in circa 1910 to 1914 if i remember rightly... all black and white films showing what they dressed in etc.. mainly filmed in lancs and it was the first film of the Manchester United Football Team in action too...... Anyway those of you who have not seen it... my advice is to get if from your local library on dvd or order it from the bbc2 website,,, its rrp is £19.99 300 mins but its selling there for £16.99 and it comes out on 31st Jan... I am going to get it... Its 3 episodes... thats all they did but if you have ancestors from the north of england its well worth getting...