General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

im now a directors wife

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

kylie from perth in oz

kylie from perth in oz Report 30 Jan 2005 11:10

my husband has today just bought his own business so he will be the director of the company so i feel very posh hehe

Clare

Clare Report 30 Jan 2005 11:14

we have a joint business me and my hubby and i am a directer aswell, i wear the trousers!!

~♥ Daisy ♥~

~♥ Daisy ♥~ Report 30 Jan 2005 11:14

Kylie - me too! Congratulations to you both. Shall we start the Directors' Wives Club! Daisy :)

SheilaSomerset

SheilaSomerset Report 30 Jan 2005 11:39

Hope it all goes well for you both, Kylie! My husband and 2 colleagues set up on their own about 4 years ago, now the company employs about 30 people.

Claire in Lincs

Claire in Lincs Report 30 Jan 2005 13:55

I am a company director and believe me,,,there's nowt posh about it..!

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 30 Jan 2005 14:08

I'll still speak to you Deanna! lol I used to be a directors wife and company secretary. I enjoyed it so much I resigned! lol Jeanette x

R.B.

R.B. Report 30 Jan 2005 14:12

Congratulations and welcome to the club. Lizzx

Merlin

Merlin Report 30 Jan 2005 14:19

Hello Kylie, Congratulations, It takes a lot of courage to go on your own,However,Just a few things for you to consider.26hr.days.54week year.Holidays ?just a distant memory,and before you get anything i/e wages,expenses and employees wages come first.Its hard at first,but once it goes enjoy it.because you will know you,ve earned it. Best Wishes,Hal.

R.B.

R.B. Report 30 Jan 2005 22:47

Hi kylie, What sort of buisness has your Husband bought? I would like to wish him and you every success. Lizz

Auntie Peanut

Auntie Peanut Report 30 Jan 2005 23:10

Hi Kylie, Congratulations. I'm with Claire on this one. I was a Director of my company until I retired. It didn't mean a darned thing really, I still made the coffee and tea. Jack of all trades, master of none.!!! But it sounds good. Love to all Norah

Kim from Sandhurst

Kim from Sandhurst Report 30 Jan 2005 23:16

Congratulations Kylie, Real pleased for you both. Don't know how it works there, but I already have our share of the profit spent in May, well that's about the time it wil take to get to us, and that's if there is any!! lol Enjoy the prestige!!!!! :-))) Kim