General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

baby found yesterday

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Val

Val Report 30 Jan 2005 13:13

Police are investigating after the body of a newborn baby was found in the garden of a house in Cardiff. The child was discovered in the rear garden of a house in Railway Street, Splott, on Saturday. It is believed that the baby was born full-term. An investigation has begun into the circumstances of the birth and police have appealed for the mother to come forward I do hope the mother comes forward as she will be in need of medical attention

Maz from Cornwall

Maz from Cornwall Report 30 Jan 2005 13:14

I read about this... How awful! Maz x

Val

Val Report 30 Jan 2005 13:19

I know thought that things like this wouldn't happen in this day and age really sad people still have to hide

June

June Report 30 Jan 2005 13:46

I cant understand why these mothers do this sort of thing, there is so much help around these days. June

Lily

Lily Report 30 Jan 2005 13:54

Before you pass judgement, one must ask themselves why she she felt she had to do it! Although, I couldn't take this action personally and I'm not condoning it, it's easy for us all to make such judgemental and sweeping statements, when we have no idea what that poor woman has gone through! max xx

Val

Val Report 30 Jan 2005 14:01

I understand what your saying but people in this day and age should not be afraid if it was my child I would hope that she could talk to me and I would help any way I could

Lily

Lily Report 30 Jan 2005 14:14

Val I understand what you are saying (and if we agree to disagree as we might well do, let's have a healthy debate on it). All I'm trying to say is, you have emphasised my point, if you're daughter came to you, you would help her......... some, unfortunately, are just not as lucky as your daughter or mine! max xx

Unknown

Unknown Report 30 Jan 2005 14:22

She may also have been able to hide the fact that she was pregnant in the first place- it has been known before that some women don't look pregnant, she may have been raped and/or married etc etc and would have been very frightened to tell anyone, even a doctor - just a thought!! jude sarf wales

Val

Val Report 30 Jan 2005 14:28

I agree with you, it just breaks my heart that some people have to face things like this on there own I just wish things weren't like this

June

June Report 30 Jan 2005 14:30

I understand what you are saying Max and it is a valid point. A friend of mine was at work one day, when the hospital rang and said Mrs ????? are you sitting down, they then told her that her daughter had just given birth, her daughter lived at home, she just wore baggy sweaters all the time and no one guessed, but thank goodness she went to the hospital. My friend was shocked, not because she had a baby but because she hadn't turned to her mother for help. June xx

Unknown

Unknown Report 30 Jan 2005 14:31

Val - l agree with you, its so very sad - she would have been very desperate and probably still is. l do hope she goes forward even in disguise to get treatment for her physical and mental needs. jude sarf wales