General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

remember making your own..

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jean

Jean Report 30 Jan 2005 17:24

do you remember making fudge with condensed mild, and sweets made from national dried baby milk during the war......

Jane

Jane Report 30 Jan 2005 17:27

Sorry but no. I do remember making scent from rose petals and water though.

Unknown

Unknown Report 30 Jan 2005 17:27

Jean Unless you mean you the falklands, I wasnt around during the war :) Paul

Jean

Jean Report 30 Jan 2005 17:30

no paul i mean 2nd world war...but i was a child...i used to make it with my mum.....did'nt your mum or gran make it??

Jean

Jean Report 30 Jan 2005 17:33

glitter we used to put it in sandwiches as well...and out of the tin when mum was'nt looking...

Debi Coone

Debi Coone Report 30 Jan 2005 17:42

Cheese Straws , Soda bread & treacle tart. I used to love baking with my Nan at the weekends she was a fantastic cook. I really must start so my own daughter can enjoy cooking. Much happiness debi

Julie

Julie Report 30 Jan 2005 17:42

Has anyone got any recipes for fudge???? julie.

Jean

Jean Report 30 Jan 2005 17:42

glitter, mum used to make us sweets out of the coconut...and we used to put glucose powder in a bag and dip liqurice sticks in it

Julie

Julie Report 30 Jan 2005 17:43

Thankyou Gillie!!! julie.

syljo

syljo Report 30 Jan 2005 19:25

What about toffee apples. My children used to love these. I used to make a big batch of fairy cakes too. I remember my father in the war crumbling old cigarette ends and rolling them into new paper for another cigarette. Bah! Sylvia xxx