General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Good Monday morning everyone....

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

JackyJ1593

JackyJ1593 Report 31 Jan 2005 08:01

and I hope that all weekend headaches from whatever cause, have gone today. I shall spend the day nursing my 3 week virus and looking after my daughter who is at week 2 stage. Have a good week everyone. Jacky x

lou from leicestershire

lou from leicestershire Report 31 Jan 2005 08:07

hi jackie hope u both start to feel better today take care xx

JackyJ1593

JackyJ1593 Report 31 Jan 2005 08:10

Thanks Lou. I am sure there is a corner waiting nearby for us to turn soon! Just wish we could get therea bit quicker! Jacky x

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 31 Jan 2005 08:13

Hi Jackie, I went down with it at the end of December and finally think I've got rid of it. *touches wood* Gwynne

JackyJ1593

JackyJ1593 Report 31 Jan 2005 08:19

9th of January I started so about another week to go then! Jacky :-)

Ramblin Rose

Ramblin Rose Report 31 Jan 2005 08:24

Sorry to hear you have been so rough.I hope you are beginning to feel a bit better now.I dread going off the island as I know there are so many viruses out there that will just leap on me with cries of glee.We have little infection here-Rose

Lisa

Lisa Report 31 Jan 2005 08:37

hi jackie i second that.xxxxx(:

June

June Report 31 Jan 2005 08:41

Jackie, Sorry to hear you and your daughter aren't well, I have had it too but please dont be as stubborn as me, if you haven't been to your doctor, I would advise you too, in the end I had to give in and take antibiotics. I hope you are soon well again. Love June xx

JackyJ1593

JackyJ1593 Report 31 Jan 2005 08:48

Thanks everyone! June, I only gave in and went to the Doctor when Hubby came home ill form work last week and I dragged him there. Receptionist heard me on the phone and suggested I get seen too! Daughter is still sleeping and hasn't coughed too much in the night so the drugs must be working on her! Jacky xx

PolperroPrincess

PolperroPrincess Report 31 Jan 2005 08:58

Jacky...I hope you and your family start feeling alot better soon! Its bad enough when your little one feels poorly but when you feel rough as well its even worse!! Bev

JessyG

JessyG Report 31 Jan 2005 09:00

Morning Hope you feel better soon jacky What a lovely start to monday...partner's car won't start so he's having to borrow my dad's...good job me dad don't need it lol!!! Jess

JackyJ1593

JackyJ1593 Report 31 Jan 2005 09:04

Jess, I had the car problem on Friday evening. Decided to get some shopping in while I had an hour of feeling a bit human. Parked on the roof of multi sorey and when I came back, the car wouldn't start. Had to search for a phone box (left mobile at home!!) to get hubby. Tried to jump start the car in the dark, howling wind and pouring rain. Left it to Saturday morning and took a new battery. Old one just died and would not charge. Jacky x

Mommylonglegs

Mommylonglegs Report 31 Jan 2005 09:07

Sorry to hear that you are both poorly. Just rest as much as you can. Especially when your daughter is asleep, no matter what time of the day it is. I started exactly the same on December 23rd. Thought I was over it by the 31st, but it came back with avengence for another couple of weeks. I am still trying to get my chest clear as I speak. It also left me feeling very depressed for a couple of weeks. My advise is to get out in the fresh air as soon as you feel well enough to. Jenny.x

JackyJ1593

JackyJ1593 Report 31 Jan 2005 09:09

Thanks Jenny, I have been trying to get out for a walk in the fresh air most days but I have been working until today. Took 2 days off the first week to break the back of it (so I thought!) and will be off today and tomorrow. Problem is I work with children who bring in all sorts of yucky things and that's just in their pockets! They bring germs too! Hope you fully recover soon. Jacky x

Slinky

Slinky Report 31 Jan 2005 09:58

Monday morning, it's always the same, Hoping and praying it's not going to rain, I look at the washing piled high on the floor, Sheets and towels and so much more. I reach for the powder off the top shelf, Well, it's not going to wash all by itself. I fill the machine with a grunt and a groan, No, its not going to wash all on its own!! The weather is fine and it's going to last, I've just been assured by the weather forecast. The washing is done, the weather still fine, So into the basket and out on the line. I pull the line up with a heave and a strain, What's that I felt....Oh it can't be rain? Into the basket I throw the whole lot, And yell to my neighbour "What luck I've got" !! The rains lashing down and they've forecast more, So with my shopping list I head for the store. Raincoat and wellies...umbrella on top, Bedraggled and wet I arrive at the shop. I quietly appologise as I stand by the door, My brolly has made a pool on the floor. My shopping done I bid all a goodbye, What's this I see...a clear blue sky? I race all the way home the weather to beat, Water logged wellies I tug from my feet. I grab the basket, head straight for the line, Oh, nice and windy , the weather is fine. I pull the line up...what a wonderful sight, The clothes will be dry and pressed by tonight, I watched with pride as the clothes danced and flapped, OH NO!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT....THE ******* LINE'S SNAPPED!!!

Joy

Joy Report 31 Jan 2005 10:00

Good morning, Jacky. Hope you feel better soon. Joy