General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Driving Bans

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 31 Jan 2005 14:00

Yet again we have a child aged 13 being banned (for drunk driving) for 2 years. How can one be banned from something which at their age is illegal anyway? She can begin driving at 17 - if they had banned her for 6 years - then she would have received a ban which at least would have delayed her driviing legally for two years. Ann

Merlin

Merlin Report 31 Jan 2005 14:05

Anne,I,m afraid that the driving ban means nothing to young people who break the law either driving underage or without a licence etc. because they just do not care,the parents should be held to account for their childrens actions,with fines etc.then meybe they will accept they have done wrong. Hal.

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy Report 31 Jan 2005 14:06

Ann, Is the ban not applied once a full licence is achieved?? Like you say, how can you ban someone from doing something they shouldn't be doing anyway. Anne

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 31 Jan 2005 16:37

You have answered my question Gillie - as imposing a ban on someone who was not eligible to drive did not make sense to me. Ann