General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

YOUR SONG

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

JessyG

JessyG Report 31 Jan 2005 17:51

What is your and your partners song? and why is it?

Speedy

Speedy Report 31 Jan 2005 17:55

We have 2 they are Love is all around by wet wet wet, and kiss from a rose by Seal, they are the ones that seemed to be on the radio each time we were together. Bev

Geoff

Geoff Report 31 Jan 2005 17:56

We don't really have one, but "Silver Lady" by David Soul was No1 when we married.

Bec

Bec Report 31 Jan 2005 17:59

I don't have a song for 'us' as there is no 'us' MY song right now is 'Wild Horses' - Natasha Bedingfield Ooooh I feel these four walls closing in Face up against the glass I'm looking out, hmmm Is this my life I'm wondering It happened so fast How do I turn this thing around Is this the bed I chose to make It's greener pastures I'm thinking about Hmm, wide open spaces far away All I want is the wind in my hair To face the fear but not feel scared Ooh, wild horses I wanna be like you Throwing caution to the wind, I'll run free too Wish I could recklessly love like I'm longing to I wanna run with the wild horses Run with the wild horses, oh Yeah, oh oh, ye-yeah I see the girl I wanna be Riding bare-back, care-free Along the shore If only that someone was me Jumping head-first, head-long Without a thought To act and down the consequence How I wish it could be that easy But fear surrounds me like a fence I wanna break free All I want is the wind in my hair To face the fear, but not feel scared Oooh, wild horses I wanna be like you Throwing caution to the wind, I'll run free too Wish I could recklessly love like I'm longing to I wanna run with the wild horses Run with the wild horses, oh I wanna run too Oooh oh oh oh Recklessly emboundening myself before you I wanna open up my heart Tell him how I feel, ooh ooh Oooh, wild horses I wanna be like you Throwing caution to the wind, I'll run free too Wish I could recklessly love like I'm longing to I wanna run with the wild horses Run with the wild horses Run with the wild horses Ooh ooooh ooh ooh ye-yeah yeah oohh I wanna run with the wild horses, ooooh

JessyG

JessyG Report 31 Jan 2005 18:02

mine and jamie's is 'best in me' by blue...everything in the song relates to when we first met face to face!

Unknown

Unknown Report 31 Jan 2005 18:04

Me & Mrs Jones by Billy Paul, but I'm not saying why. Also 'Bright Eyes' by Art Garfunkel, which was played a lot when our son was born. He had huge, bright blue eyes, which have turned dark grey over the years. CB >|<

Deb Vancouver (18665)

Deb Vancouver (18665) Report 31 Jan 2005 18:05

I beg your pardon......." was sung by Lynn Anderson. Deb

helenbell

helenbell Report 31 Jan 2005 18:10

Baby Bec what a lovely voice you have!!!!! mine and hubbys was no.1 when we married it was In the summertime, Mungo Jerry Love Helen(Bell)xx

~♥ Daisy ♥~

~♥ Daisy ♥~ Report 31 Jan 2005 18:11

I just called to say I love you. Daisy

Unknown

Unknown Report 31 Jan 2005 18:13

Some say love, it is a river that drowns the tender reed. Some say love, it is a razor that leaves your soul to bleed. Some say love, it is a hunger, an endless aching need. I say love, it is a flower, and you its only seed. It's the heart afraid of breaking that never learns to dance. It's the dream afraid of waking that never takes the chance. It's the one who won't be taken, who cannot seem to give, and the soul afraid of dyin' that never learns to live. When the night has been too lonely and the road has been to long, and you think that love is only for the lucky and the strong, just remember in the winter far beneath the bitter snows lies the seed that with the sun's love in the spring becomes the rose.

~♥ Daisy ♥~

~♥ Daisy ♥~ Report 31 Jan 2005 18:16

And, more recently, Somewhere Only We Know (Keane) and She Will Be Loved (Maroon5). Daisy

Bev

Bev Report 31 Jan 2005 18:17

'if i asked you ' by celine Dion also 'I Swear' was played at our wedding i watched our wedding video the other night and burst into tears mind you that is not unusual for me lately Bev

Bec

Bec Report 31 Jan 2005 18:18

Daisy - have you heard 'Sunday Morning' by Maroon 5 (its their latest release)? Beautiful song... sung by a GORGEOUS man!! becx

~♥ Daisy ♥~

~♥ Daisy ♥~ Report 31 Jan 2005 18:57

I have the album Bec - love it. Daisy

Steph

Steph Report 31 Jan 2005 19:39

'right here' by SW.V. The lyrics said it all when we first got together & still do....

Lisa

Lisa Report 31 Jan 2005 19:43

True by Spandau Ballet - yes I know its a bit old but that was our era! Lisa

Jennifer

Jennifer Report 31 Jan 2005 20:21

"You're still the one" Shania Twain

susie manterfield(high wycombe)

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 31 Jan 2005 20:23

"float on" by the floaters it was the song that was playing when hubby asked me to dance the night we met...awwww bless lol susie

VIVinHERTS

VIVinHERTS Report 31 Jan 2005 20:31

Genesis Follow You Follow Me Stay with me, My love I hope you’ll always be Right here by my side if ever I need you Oh my love In your arms, I feel so safe and so secure Everyday is such a perfect day to spend Alone with you I will follow you will you follow me All the days and nights that we know will be I will stay with you will you stay with me Just one single tear in each passing year With the dark, Oh I see so very clearly now All my fears are drifting by me so slowly now Fading away I can say The night is long but you are here Close at hand, oh I’m better for the smile you give And while I live I will follow you will you follow me All the days and nights that we know will be I will stay with you will you stay with me Just one single tear in each passing year there will be I will follow you will you follow me All the days and nights that we know will be I will stay with you will you stay with me Just one single tear in each passing year... The first record he ever gave me. V.