General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Cloud Cuckoo land?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 2 Jun 2024 15:40

Whoever wrote this obviously doesn't travel with us lesser mortals!!

OH has been away in Greece and was flying into Manchester this afternoon, landing at 1456. Checking the website for his arrival, I found the following for "arriving passengers".

1456---------Arrival

1503---------Passport Control

1511----------Collect Luggage

1526----------Arrivals Hall

I don't know about you, but I have been on flights where we are still on board the plane after about 20 minutes, so to suggest it is possible to get from the plane to the Arrivals Hall in just 30 minutes seems somewhat unrealistic - unless they are referring to Royalty!!

We always allow a minimum of about an hour, and even more as we get less mobile.

Florence61

Florence61 Report 2 Jun 2024 16:28

lol what planet are they on indeed? You are correct, when we land, we are still on board for at least 10 minutes before we can get off!

Def cloud cuckoo land....lala land perhaps :-D :-D :-D

Von

Von Report 2 Jun 2024 16:33

Definitely unrealistic Andysmum :-0

I’ve never been able to get off a plane that quickly ;-) ;-)

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 2 Jun 2024 18:00

If you are lucky you can do the half hour counting from the passport control. But not often.