General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

My son has had a best friend

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Tylersgran

Tylersgran Report 29 May 2024 21:40

.My son lives in a shared house and been best friends with the man next door. They looked after each other shopping wise and cooking. My son found him on the floor a couple of months ago after coughing up blood.. He called a ambulance then he had emergency surgery.. He was not well last night and my son wanted to call a ambulance again but he said no. My son told him to leave his door unlocked. This morning after knocking at his door and ringing him he asked another man in the house to go in the room with him. They found him dead. They called the paramedics. Then the police was called. My son could not leave the house to after the coroner had been. My son is so upset he has gone to stay with his girlfriend and don't know if he can go back to that house

kandj

kandj Report 29 May 2024 22:18

Tylersgran, that's so very sad. I can understand your son not wanting to go back to the house after so much trauma and sadness there. It's good that he has his girlfriend now to support him.
You're naturally concerned about your son, it will take time for him to feel better. So sorry to read this
xx

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 30 May 2024 09:08

So sorry to read what has happened. No wonder your poor son has been so affected by this. It is good that he has the support of his girlfriend away from his shared house, at least for the time being.
Sadly in this sort of situation, people question themselves about what else could they have done to prevent such a sad event. Often the answer is ..nothing.. but I hope that if necessary he can get professional help to realise this.

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 30 May 2024 13:49

Hopefully your son realises that he did everything he could ( or was allowed to do). The shock is likely to last for a while.

Be kind to him and he will get through it. Fingers crossed no one will be unkind. For ne , a week after dealing with a walking group member having a major heart attack I was accused of using the wrong emergency number (???). It extended the period of recovery from shock.