General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Postal Voting

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Florence61

Florence61 Report 24 May 2024 14:40

When I lived at my previous address, daughter and I both reg for postal voting as neither of us could get to a local polling station and felt this would be easier.
When I moved here 3 years ago, I notified the council and we had our details updated on the ER but decided today just to check we are still reg as postal voters and found actually we were not!

Although, add has been updated on the ER, it didn't update us for postal voting so I am very glad I tel. They are sending out forms to complete as there is one for Scottish elections and one for UK elections.

So if anyone else is a postal voter and has moved since last elections, phone your local office to get new forms signed

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 24 May 2024 14:44

Down here we get a form each year which we can amend.

OH is away on the 4th - he can’t decide whether to bother with a postal votr :-|

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 24 May 2024 19:01

We get a form every year up here too .
I've been a postal voter for many years - it's so convenient, whether or not one has problems going to a polling station.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 27 May 2024 07:13

I get a form every year too but can go online to confirm I still want to do postal vote

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 27 May 2024 08:34

After a huge group of a certain party’s members went round door knocking ( no sign of the candidate) O H went on line for a postal vote so he could vote for another party.

Elizabeth A

Elizabeth A Report 28 May 2024 15:02

I find postal votes convenient as I do night shifts (12/13 hours) and cant be bothered to go to voting place - its a 15 min walk there and back - dont fancy going there work..

Plus its a bonus if anu party stop me and tries to "win" my vote i can say ive voted
Ive been told postal votes dont exist - yeah right.