General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Support sorting my tree out

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Coreen

Coreen Report 24 May 2024 11:48

Hi, I've completely mucked up my tree which I have been maintaining for a number of years and don't know how to sort it out. Where do I go to for this support?

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 24 May 2024 11:58

If you would like to outline what is wrong, may be members here can help.
eg.
Have you added the wrong information?

Have you attached the right information to the wrong individual?

Have you made wrong assumptions about relationships?

Until we know the problem, it is difficult to know how to advise.

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 24 May 2024 13:01

Is is something you have just done? As it is on genes you probably can’t do the go back a couple of days thing ( can’t explain it but OH sometimes does it) You could ask if Genes can do it for you, but it is Friday and you wouldn’t get an answer until sometime next week.

greyghost

greyghost Report 24 May 2024 17:08

Right at the end of the T&C's -

You may contact us by email at this address: [email protected]

It can take at least 5 working days for a reply

Coreen

Coreen Report 25 May 2024 08:16

I have discovered that my 4 x great grandfather, Thomas Jefferson, (born 1791), is the son of John Jefferson (born 1767) and Isabella Thompson and not, as I originally thought, John's brother, Robert Jefferson, (born 1769). I have managed to edit this on other sites but cannot work out how to do so on Genes. Any suggestions or work arounds would be gratefully received.

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 25 May 2024 10:28

Could you not do a gedcom transfer from where you have your correct copy? That would override the one you have on here.

I only have a tiny part of my tree on here so don’t know how to make any tweaks.

Coreen

Coreen Report 25 May 2024 11:23

Hi, Don't worry have spotted now how to do this!