General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Middle day of the week.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 9 Nov 2022 15:54

And we did the weekly food shop, we usually go on a Monday or Friday so that will confuse hubby when we run out of week but not food, who else sticks to the same week day.

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 9 Nov 2022 16:23

Daughter and I shop any day. She works from home, so often we've shopped early evening, after her working day has finished.
We were going to shop yesterday evening, but the weather was awful, so a rummage in the freezer found some chicken, which we are going to have today with rice and mangetout, so we can usually rustle up a meal even if fresh stocks are low.
We shop by need, not by day.

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 9 Nov 2022 16:54

We've always shopped on a Friday for at least the last 40 years or so, but then along came Covid and we had to rely on our son shopping for us as and when he had a day off work so it became just when we needed something.

Now we are back to shopping for ourselves we have stopped going to the larger Asda a few miles from us and just manage in the small Asda in our town centre. I have tried to get back to shopping on a Friday but to be honest it is just any day that I happen to feel like going out - which isn't that often these days.

Kath. x