General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Too soft on protesters!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Florence61

Florence61 Report 30 Oct 2022 17:18

Yet again the roads grind to a halt, shops have their properties vandalised and idiots glue themselves to the road or tie themselves to other things.

So, they eventually get arrested and released... Any other country would have dealt with them far more severely. I do not object to free speech or organised demos highlighting a particular problem or cause but when will the Government do something to stop these people interfering in our daily business.

If they don't care if children are left without parents to pick them up or someone dies because an ambulance couldn't get through their impromptu sitting on the roads, then why should they the protestors be handled with kid gloves???

We are too soft in the Uk. It's time we set harder penalties for people who break the law. A fine of say £50 and a slap on the wrist is hardly going to deter any of them from repeating the offence, is it?

Why aren't these people working anyway during the week?

I'm just sick of seeing these protests being repeated and disrupting the normal everyday lives of people trying to get to work and people in services who care for people.

Never mind Just Stop Oil etc

Just Stop all these carry-ons

Florence in the Hebrides

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 30 Oct 2022 18:07

I think that they have to inform the local authorities when and where they are going to protest but they probably don't because they know it wouldn't happen if they did.