General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

A question for girlies.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 15 Oct 2022 16:14

Who remembers the type of make up case, solid plastic, built in mirror, small compartments etc from about 50 years ago and do you still buy/use them?

MotownGal

MotownGal Report 15 Oct 2022 17:44

Do you mean the ones filled with eyeshadows, Zzzzz?

I bought one a few years back from Sparks. It contains 16 shadows............I use 2 of them.

I think they are still available, but they are the pricier ranges available from department stores, not the cheapo ones I used to buy from Boots or Woolies. :-D :-D

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 15 Oct 2022 18:06

I remember them, ZZzzz, but never owned one .
Never used enough makeup to be worth having one!.

They were sold empty, for you to store your own cosmetics of all sorts .

You can still get similar things , though not quite the same. Search for "cosmetic case" on Amazon.

grannyfranny

grannyfranny Report 15 Oct 2022 19:17

I have one in my drawer to store my spare make up, it's just an organiser really, but has the mirror and compartments. I keep the 'daily' stuff in a little carry case that I bought from Lakeland.