General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Price of Pet medication

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ShelleyRose

ShelleyRose Report 14 Oct 2022 10:18

Just a heads up to anyone who needs medication for their pets, our dog Poppy is on vetmedin tablets for a heart murmur, 2 months ago a months supply of these tablets were £33, last month they were £37 last week we went to collect them and wait for it, they had gone up to £50, receptionist was very apologetic, but out of their hand, she suggested we get a vet prescription for £14.30 and buy the tablets online which we now plan on doing.husband checked the online price of these tablets £21.90 for a months supply.

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 14 Oct 2022 14:10

My dog, Ralph, is on longterm medication, Metacam, and I get a Prescription from the Vets. The Vet gives me a Prescription for a 100ml bottle which last for six months which can be repeated once so I don't need to get another Prescription every six months. My Vets Prescriptions are only valid for six months so you have to make a calendar note to order the second medication before the six months is up :-)

I also do this for Ralph's monthly flea medication, Advocate. The Prescription is for a pack of six doses and again it can be repeated once.

Even though you have to pay for the prescription it is still a lot cheaper than purchasing them from The Vet.

Find a reputable animal pharmacy online and you can save yourself between 50-60%; when your pet is on longterm medication it is definitely worth it :-)

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 14 Oct 2022 22:19

My sister does this for her cat and dog's flea and worming
treatment.
Her vet actually suggested it! :-S