General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

*****British Gas*****

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

MR_MAGOO

MR_MAGOO Report 5 Oct 2022 12:23

****Be aware****

We received this morning a letter from BG stating they did send any bills June.

We have checked the BG bills and there is one missing for June.

Checked BG bills against Bank Statements all marry up including a payment for June which is what BG say they never sent out. All we are missing is the BG paperwork for June.

Will wait until BG send the bill before the next move.

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 5 Oct 2022 13:22

All sounds rather suspect Mr. M especially as it is four months after the event and you can see a payment to BG for June :-0 :-0

Do you pay by Direct Debit, Mr. M? :-)

MR_MAGOO

MR_MAGOO Report 5 Oct 2022 13:25

Yes we do LB :-)

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 5 Oct 2022 13:45

Then it sounds to me that BG would have got the correct payment that they required from you in June regardless of whether you received a paper bill or not from them. Perhaps it was just a paper glich on their part. I wouldn't part with any more money.

Do you have the BG App, if you do you should be able to see the payment they received from you for Jun on your BG account :-)

MR_MAGOO

MR_MAGOO Report 5 Oct 2022 14:48

No we don’t.

On the bill after the one they say they didn’t have payment for always says the previous amount taken and the is what is on our bank statement.

Just to add this letter sent to all customers.

Florence61

Florence61 Report 5 Oct 2022 15:03

As long as the bill seems accurate from the last paper bill you have, I wouldn't worry. If you really want to see the missing bill, they can send out a copy I'm sure.

Nothing for you to do Mr. Magoo. many people don't get paper bills now although having said that, I always do. Old school me and paper is great when technology breaks down to sort out problems!

Florence in the hebrides

MR_MAGOO

MR_MAGOO Report 6 Oct 2022 13:19

Envelope from BG this morning in it was the outstanding paperwork for the missing bill.

It marries up with the bank statement so all seems ok but will have to see what the next bank statement says.

Those that pay by cheque will have to find the extra money from somewhere. They are allowing an extra 28 days to pay, how nice of them considering it took them 3-4 months to notice the error.