General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Facebook

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 20 Aug 2022 08:54

any experts here?

A friend and I have been trying to add each other as friends. I have searched and found her and have opened her profile with no problem. I have sent her a message on Messenger from her profile. However, I can't see anywhere to request to be her 'friend'

Anyone tell me how to progress please?

Von

Von Report 20 Aug 2022 09:06

Ann
On the IPad when I go into Facebook at the top of the page is a search facility.

If you add her name it comes up with a list of people and beside each one it says add friend.
If you already have her profile photo then I presume you will recognise her and can then click on add friend.
Or having clicked on her profile photo at the top of her page on the RHS it says add friend.
It may be different on another device of course. :-D
PS Just tried it on the laptop and its just the same.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 20 Aug 2022 09:19

On the desk top Von. when I search, ah, I went past that and looked at her profile. thanks I will just go and have another try.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 20 Aug 2022 09:26

I have tried it on the Ipad and clicked add friend. I now have to wait as I think it might be something she is doing. Thanks Von.

Von

Von Report 20 Aug 2022 09:41

You’re welcome. Fingers crossed. :-D

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 20 Aug 2022 10:41

She is out all day today I think. I am sure that she need to locate my friend request and 'add friend'. I will see!!

Annx

Annx Report 20 Aug 2022 15:06

Yes Ann, if she clicks on 'friends' it will show 'friend requests' to click on there and your name should come up with 'confirm' for her to click on. At least it does on my screen.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 20 Aug 2022 16:00

yes it does on mine too. I think she must be out all day so may have to wait until tomorrow.