General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Well done Lionesses

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 31 Jul 2022 19:34

They have been brilliant and shown the England men a thing or two :-D :-D :-D :-D Such a well deserved win

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 31 Jul 2022 20:06

I didn't watch it but I'm glad they won, well done Lionesses.

MotownGal

MotownGal Report 31 Jul 2022 20:54

Terrific, well done!

Ian Wright was really supportive to them, along with Alex Scott. :-D <3

I feel quite worn out now.

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 31 Jul 2022 21:07

So di we and we are so proud of Lady Gunner Beth Mead for winning the Golden Boot :-D

safc

safc Report 31 Jul 2022 21:29

yes well done lionesses and Beth Mead hope she returns home one day to
Sunderland

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 31 Jul 2022 22:02

Congrats to the Lionesses you brought football home :-D <3

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 1 Aug 2022 09:19

Yes well done. I don't watch football but at son's last week sort of watched three of their matches as I was in the room when they were on and admired them and how they played. yesterday although I didn't watch the match I did keep flicking over to it to see how they were doing and they deserved to win, the German ladies were tough and aggressive so an excellent result.
Congratulations Lionesses.

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 1 Aug 2022 09:27

I watched it heart in mouth, shouting at them to attack more which, I have to say, they most certainly did in the extra time when I thought they completely took command. I also thought that they played as a solid team with no one going for lone glory, again, something I admire.

Well done, bravo, three cheers to all associated with the team, particularly the manager and the team itself.

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 1 Aug 2022 09:28

Edge of sit watching :-D

Well done, you showed the men how to do it. No prima donnas groaning and rolling in supposed pain with the slightest knock.

You deserved the win, enjoy your moment :-D <3

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 1 Aug 2022 09:42

The other things I liked was no booing through the National Anthems and little if no spitting :-0 :-D

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 1 Aug 2022 09:44

That hadn’t registered with me but now I come to think about it, true - you’re right, Belle. :-D

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 1 Aug 2022 09:45

And no crowd bother that I have heard of :-D

MotownGal

MotownGal Report 1 Aug 2022 13:18

Wow that was a good turnout at Trafalgar Square. <3

Loved all the front pages of the newspapers today.

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 1 Aug 2022 16:06

Pity the FA won't fork out for a double decker like the male cricketers had when they won Ashes and when England male rugby team won the Rugby World Cup. Why can't woman go round on a bus, lots want to see them :-|

**Ann**

**Ann** Report 1 Aug 2022 19:29

Well done to them all, lovely photos in the papers today <3 <3

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 1 Aug 2022 19:30

I'm not really in to footy but I watched the game with OH. He's been following the women's games for a while.

Ditto what Pat said .... It was brilliant. Very exciting!
Well done to the Lionesses <3