General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

And for today......

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 20 Jul 2022 11:11

The weather is a lot cooler in this part of the world 23 degrees instead of 34, much better how is it where you are? Oh and heavy rain or thunder storms this afternoon.

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 20 Jul 2022 11:32

Lovely ! So much cooler, a breeze, maybe getting a tiny bit warmer and thunderstorms due this after noon.

Let’s hope it is just prolonged not too heavy heavy as the ground is baked hard.

So awful for those who have lost their homes. There was a small woodland fire locally the day before. Nothing between us except for more of the wood and dry pasture.

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 20 Jul 2022 11:39

Yes it is awful, I can't even begin to imagine how that feels, where do you start to rebuild your life and home, my heart goes out to them.

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 21 Jul 2022 09:12

Somebody stole our rain :-P

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 22 Jul 2022 15:30

We were told to expect thundershowers on Wednesday (20th) it didn't happen :-|
All we got was excessive humidity.

We were told to expect them today - at about 2pm.
I was talking to someone in Portsmouth at about 11am - it was lashing it down there.
No rain here, so far - just low (white) cloud with sun shining through. Not even the sort of cloud that precedes rain.
The cloud ensured we didn't see the red arrows passing over - but we heard them!

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 22 Jul 2022 15:40

Still waiting here too.

We weren’t due to get the red arrows but we’re surprised to find the Battle of Britain memorial flight ( no spitfires) going overhead a couple of days ago.

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 25 Jul 2022 11:55

There’s been wet stuff falling out of the sky this morning. Not sure what it is :-S ;-) :-D

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 25 Jul 2022 12:08

Wet stuff here too .. .oops it's gone again :-|

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 25 Jul 2022 15:45

You can have some of ours, if you like.
There's been lots here in the last few days, flattening some of the plants in the garden.

SheilaSomerset

SheilaSomerset Report 25 Jul 2022 15:58

We had a heavy shower about an hour ago, about 3 minutes worth! Sun shining now.

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 25 Jul 2022 16:44

Bright and breezy here this morning, but still uncomfortably hot indoors.

Quick dampness, - couldn't call it rain.... for about 1 minute this afternoon, but it soon stopped and resumed brilliant sunshine.

Everywhere is just so parched and straw-like.

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 25 Jul 2022 17:30

I think Deal may have had a bit of heavy rain this afternoon.

Can't understand why they haven't banned hosepipes and sprinklers yet.

Caroline

Caroline Report 25 Jul 2022 18:18

We had heavy rain last night in a thunderstorm, thank goodness for us the tornado watch didn't become anything.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 25 Jul 2022 23:01

I suppose it's a bonus we didn't have a tornado warning - she said grudgingly.

(I just want a bit of rain!!!)

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 26 Jul 2022 10:46

I’ve just done an autumn style sweep up of dead leaves. :-|